2003 ISX suggestions needed
08-05-2017, (Subject: 2003 ISX suggestions needed ) 
RE: 2003 ISX suggestions needed
(08-05-2017 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  Thats another one- spare parts. How much, which ones, etc. I picked up 10 feet of 3/8' heater hose to replace the one that blew, then have extra. Planning on doing the same with 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 if I need to. I did notice some hoses looked to be silicone, but usually where it's air. So I don't know about carrying spares of that.

But yes thinking of looking it all over and picking out the the most common clamps for coolant, turbo, and other piping, and get a couple of each. I've started a tackle box of brass fittings, and another for electrical fittings. Zip ties, brake clean, penetrating fluid, etc already on board.

Then once the second box is on carry 6-8 gallons of coolant. Already have motor oil. Thinking gear oil and PS fluid should be in there too. So much to carry "in case".

Gonna be a service truck on wheels that pulls freight occasionally!

I simply have doubled-up on most of the hose clamps on my truck. That way the spares are easy to find and are used for something. No trying to find them in a tool box somewhere that way, and I can always steal one to go somewhere else, or combine 2 to make a bigger one if needed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDlighttruck , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2003 ISX suggestions needed - Rawze - 08-05-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.