Kenworth T-800 dash switches
08-10-2017, (Subject: Kenworth T-800 dash switches ) 
Kenworth T-800 dash switches
I think the rocker switches on the dash are all air operated and not electric right? Specifically I'm talking about the switch that operates the tag axle up/down. Does anyone know how many psi this switch puts out?
replyreply
08-11-2017, (Subject: Kenworth T-800 dash switches ) 
RE: Kenworth T-800 dash switches
Not sure about a KW, but on my prostar, the switches for things like the fifth wheel, inter-axle lock, and other air related things are all J1939 networked. The the network then feeds the cab controller. The cab controller then feeds a solenoid block under the frame where there are air operated solenoids.

Nice bit of overkill in the design eh?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: morrison8 , Waterloo
I think it depends on the year, on our 97 T800's the air operated switches have air lines to them at the back of the dash for like the sliding 5th wheel and to dump your bags. I don't think they have a regulator on them....so they operate full 120 pounds or whatever your system runs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(08-10-2017 )tree98 Wrote:  I think the rocker switches on the dash are all air operated and not electric right? Specifically I'm talking about the switch that operates the tag axle up/down. Does anyone know how many psi this switch puts out?

I have a tag/lift axle on my tractor, there is a switch on the dash that is electronic. This was aftermarket though. It sends the signal to a solenoid that releases the air that runs through a regulator in my side box that is manually adjusted by me. I would assume you have a regulator somewhere in your system. As far a factory installed unit, along with the age of the T800, it could be either, air at the switch or electronic. If it is a newer truck, I would think that you would have a setup close to mine, electronic switch to a regulator. Crack your dash, that is what I would do. If there are airlines, depending if there is a regulator in-line, could be up to 120+ psi depending on how the truck is regulated at the air dryer.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.