HVAC TOO COLD
09-03-2017, (Subject: HVAC TOO COLD ) 
HVAC TOO COLD
Last summer I got tired of my lack luster Air Conditioning. So I took my heater core out of the loop (cut hoses and coulpled back together). Works Great, too good in fact, as I am now FREEZING MY A$$ OFF. Using my ability to over think the situation, I also replaced my cab filter with a green washable filter (cut to fit, cheap $8). My vent temperatures are now in the 30F to 40F range. So cold it hurts! Having lost the ability to control cab temperatures via the blend door, I have turned myself into a Human Thermostat. I now have to drive with the driver vents shut and the window cracked open. I still have to cycle the AC off when it gets too cold (Dump Truck Drivers will complain about anything).
My next big idea is to control my AC Clutch with a 12vdc programable thermostat from China (ebay $6). Only problem is that the Truck Elect. Manual says this:

"NOTE: Do not break into the A/C clutch circuit for the purpose of controlling the A/C system.
Do not connect to the high side of the pressure transducer.
Do not connect to either of the A/C system thermistors."
It does not say what will happen, but my guess is, that the thermistors will bust me and the Body Control Module will shut the system off!
So now I'm thinking that I would need to install resistors in place of the thermistors in order to fool the BMC.

I need the help of an experianced Programer, who know how to lie to a computer.

User's Signature: Slow Minded not Stupid.
replyreply
RE: HVAC TOO COLD
This is the ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/W1209-12V-50-110...2749.l2649

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
When you took the heater core out of the loop, sounds like you really took it out of the loop? Hook your heater core back up and put a water valve in so that you can manually take it out of the loop or turn it back on.

I finally got my AC working, after 4 years, in my ProStar. It will ice me out too when the heater core is not in operation via my shut off valve. But, on cooler days I have to pop the hood and crack the valve to the heater core, then I have not so icy cold air and a bit of heat too.

I would do that instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut , hhow55
(09-03-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  When you took the heater core out of the loop, sounds like you really took it out of the loop? Hook your heater core back up and put a water valve in so that you can manually take it out of the loop or turn it back on.

I finally got my AC working, after 4 years, in my ProStar. It will ice me out too when the heater core is not in operation via my shut off valve. But, on cooler days I have to pop the hood and crack the valve to the heater core, then I have not so icy cold air and a bit of heat too.

I would do that instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

Mine's not that simple. My heater core is supplied from the EGR cooler. I do not want to resrict that flow (although it could be done with a series of valves and a cross over). You may be right though. All my reinvented wheels tend to be 4 sided.

replyreply
09-04-2017, (Subject: HVAC TOO COLD ) 
(09-03-2017 )1096 Wrote:  This is the ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/W1209-12V-50-110...2749.l2649
You can try to cut AC compressor clutch hot wire and run wires inside the cab to thermostat relay.
Compressor will be on only if temperature in cab above set. Don't forget to set temperatures with hysteresis or clutch will be worn out pretty quick.
But Waterloo have a point about wheel invention
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
09-04-2017, (Subject: HVAC TOO COLD ) 
I wish my a/c was too cold. Mine will sweat u to death.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.