Oil leak fix
02-20-2016, (Subject: Oil leak fix ) 
RE: Oil leak fix
For eliminating the Coolant Radiator/Transmission Oil Cooler combo that is prone to leaking radiator fluid into the transmission and destroying it.

http://www.roadranger.com/ecm/groups/pub...0b-as2.pdf

Page 19 shows a external cooler bypass that eliminates the hoses
Part http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/k2402-f...ort-cover/
Oil Cooler Recommended –
With engines 350 H.P. and above.
Required
–With engines 400 H.P. and above and GCW’s over 90,000 lbs. [40,823 kgs.]
–With engines 400 H.P. and above and 1400 lb ft. [1898 Nm] or greater torque.
–With engines 450 H.P. and above.
–With engines 1500 lb ft. [2034 Nm] and above.

Excluded
–With Fuller Advantage Series transmissions.

Page 28 shows Eatons Oil Cooler and an Optional Oil Filter
replyreply
02-21-2016, (Subject: Oil leak fix ) 
Mine developed same leak bell housing clutch replaced 4 months ago I asked them to replace all hoses rear seal & cooler they did nothing! Their reason? Everything looked ok
replyreply
02-21-2016, (Subject: Oil leak fix ) 
I have that same oil leaks from the valve cover gasket and bell housing. Not noticeable on the oil dip stick, but oil pan has wet oil on it. If I fix it, I am looking for a more reliable gasket or sealant. Any advice?
replyreply
02-22-2016, (Subject: Oil leak fix ) 
Make sure to use black or gray rtv silicone at the break of front cover to the block and the same at flywheel housing and block. Also use torque wrench to tighten oil pan much better chance of no leaks.
replyreply
02-23-2016, (Subject: Oil leak fix ) 
(02-22-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Make sure to use black or gray rtv silicone at the break of front cover to the block and the same at flywheel housing and block. Also use torque wrench to tighten oil pan much better chance of no leaks.

Please clarify//
At the break of the front cover to the block
Do you mean to run a bead of silicone on both sides of the oil pan gasket, all the way across?
replyreply
02-25-2016, (Subject: Oil leak fix ) 
(02-22-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Make sure to use black or gray rtv silicone at the break of front cover to the block and the same at flywheel housing and block. Also use torque wrench to tighten oil pan much better chance of no leaks.

Thanks for the tip gearhead I'm cleaning the area good today& trying this trick
replyreply
03-12-2016, (Subject: Oil leak fix ) 
Just to update I ended up getting everything all fixed. We just replaced the cooler with a new one, new lines, motor mounts etc. One other thing though after the coolant being drained my low coolant sensor started sticking and now is on full time. I'm gonna replace the tank on Monday as I needed a new one anyway......seems like it's always something.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.