Oil turbo
09-21-2017, (Subject: Oil turbo ) 
Oil turbo
What cause a turbo to have oil on the top not the clean side? I did a injector test none of them are leaking

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
RE: Oil turbo
oil on top?
As in the top of the turbo?
Maybe o-ring in the oil supply line...
replyreply
I'm also curious what you mean by "on top" someone on here complained about there being oil between the turbo and actuator on a cm871 a while back.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(09-21-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I'm also curious what you mean by "on top" someone on here complained about there being oil between the turbo and actuator on a cm871 a while back.

Maybe a picture will help   

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
you have a slight exhaust leak pre turbo or a charge system leak and idle a fair amount. the vgt position is probably set slightly low in the idle region and can and should be tweaked up slightly to regain positive pressure in the intake during idle. this is only if its "fixed" and in a place that allows that obviously.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , hhow55
(09-21-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  you have a slight exhaust leak pre turbo or a charge system leak and idle a fair amount. the vgt position is probably set slightly low in the idle region and can and should be tweaked up slightly to regain positive pressure in the intake during idle. this is only if its "fixed" and in a place that allows that obviously.

I have been idling a lot, me and my family is living in the truck, the storm took out our power and hopefully it will be on tomorrow, I was just kinda worried that turbo was shot, it had a serious hiccup problem but dpf filter was clogged and kinda still does it just a little bit. I also did injector test and couldn't find nothing wrong. I didn't get any bubbles during the test, and did the cylinder cut of test and did not notice any stumbles. I just when de mandate yesterday

replyreply
09-22-2017, (Subject: Oil turbo ) 
When I first did @m*m^2 to my truck, my turbo did the same thing. I was pushing oil into my intake and best I could guess was it was from the excessive back pressure I had for so long with my plugged up dpf system putting alot of pressure on the turbo seals, then when I released the back pressure by demandating, the seals relaxed but let oil through. I went and got mine rebuilt.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen
If you idle a lot, they tend to do this if the seals are old. -- Sounds like you have been idling a lot.

brock has a good point too.

Also, from the pics you posted the other day of your DPf,.. It would not surprise me if you have a LOT more problems out of that engine. They don't like being run until the DPF is 120% clogged up and killing everything.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , rgreen , trucklogger2
(09-22-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  If you idle a lot, they tend to do this if the seals are old. -- Sounds like you have been idling a lot.

brock has a good point too.

Also, from the pics you posted the other day of your DPf,.. It would not surprise me if you have a LOT more problems out of that enigne. They don't lick being run until the DPF is 120% clogged up and killing everything.

I am going get in contact Mr Haggs and bring my truck to him to look at.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.