ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification...
10-18-2016, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
RE: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification...
I made the brackets from angle iron and flat steel from farm store near me. Torch welder and drill press. I'm sure a fabrication shop could easily make them if you want the measurements.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
10-18-2016, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
In the Monroe spec sheet you have to make sure your in the cab shock section. I was going to try car shocks but wasn't sure if they would work. Glad I didn't.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
10-19-2016, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
A few months ago Navistar went back to the separate bag and shock system with a cross bar. I sold the truck already but I can take a few pics if it comes back for service before I get some more in. In the mean time I looked it up in the parts catalog and attached the figures. Bags are in the price book for less than $80 ea. Shocks are not priced yet. Probably have to piece out the whole deal unless they decide to come up with a retro kit.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201610/post_2211_1476906934_fffac74bc6d084d3a92da17d02d42184.jpg./uploads/201610/post_2211_1476906954_dcc5710f1a308e5944b5f7cd90261d18.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: yamajason
02-09-2017, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
Well I just ordered a proride system as my one airbag started leaking. They have a Canadian distributor in Manitoba who deals with the north, very nice people. A husband and wife place called rays sandblasting, only problem is they aren't set up all too well. I had to email money transfer the money as they aren't set up for credit cards and they told me to arrange shipping myself.

Either way, I'll have it by tomorrow!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
(05-28-2016 )RTRUCKING48 Wrote:  They are on ebay too for 625 shipped I'm in the works of getting mine because this OEM bags are little pricey for mine 745.00 a piece:waaaht:
745/piece??!! I got mine for my prostar 650/pair at the international dealer in chicago on I55. Or another cheaper option on ebay for under 500/pair aftermarket 15 day return policy
replyreply
I paid $1036cdn plus $250 for overnight Purolator for the pro ride.

International in Edmonton wanted $865cdn each side.

Fort Gary Industries in Edmonton was $450cdn each.

Exchange rates at 1.35 right now.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
02-10-2017, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
Not trying to advertise for them, I am usually the one who be quick to point out most non-oem products for inferior quality, etc. but proride cab suspension is the way to go on a prostar instead of putting factory replacement bags back on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
(02-10-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Not trying to advertise for them, I am usually the one who be quick to point out most non-oem products for inferior quality, etc. but proride cab suspension is the way to go on a prostar instead of putting factory replacement bags back on it.

A frienks of mine replaced his twice in 1 year. Just junk.

replyreply
(02-10-2017 )Brock Wrote:  A frienks of mine replaced his twice in 1 year. Just junk.

eh?/?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.