2011 peterbilt 386 replacing turbo-actuator
09-30-2017, (Subject: 2011 peterbilt 386 replacing turbo-actuator ) 
RE: 2011 peterbilt 386 replacing turbo-actuator
(09-28-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  What he said^^^

Who is selling a "pre calibrated" turbo and actuator? And both for $2700.
It would have to be both, you can't calibrate the turbo or the actuator without having both parts to assemble.
I highly suggest you have that setup recalibrated, I would have a real hard time trusting this.

Yes yes I agree with all. Guys Im not sure about none of it just hoping for the best.
Here is what I know so far, yes you can buy turbo with actuator installed and calibrated ( for the new guys and gals that dont have insite about insite ha!)
Should i have it double and triple checked? Absolutely! Its all like rolling the dice, new turbos can fault out aswell i imagine....
The turbo is a reman, my updated price is actually 1,950.00 believe it! My wife does all my part shopping, she has background with cummins kenworth dealer in Roanoke Va. Off the i581 spur (truck enterprises) most of you all proble know where it is.

Only other thing i can figure on the low price is there is No Warranty at all....

My truck is a 2011 pet getting kind of old...older the truck cheaper the parts maybe?? I dont know , just guessing.... nothing special 450isx15. 516.000 miles....did my turbo inspection thanks to Rawze and decided to go ahead a get one.
As soon as it arrives hopefully undamaged I will install and share more information...

Maybe it will work out.....

I know there is alot of discussion on our parts really New ??? Or are they referbed? Remaned? You have OE and New parts, and the new parts at times get changed with minor peaks and improvements...
Ill take some photos etc...

I feel like over paying on some things is nothing more than a peace of mind.

I have a question? When you buy a battery, do you think it is a New battery? Or is it a reman?
My wife is ro blame for my new and improved great value attitude lol....
replyreply
(09-30-2017 )Bedbugger32 Wrote:  ...

Only other thing i can figure on the low price is there is No Warranty at all....

My truck is a 2011 pet getting kind of old...older the truck cheaper the parts maybe?? I dont know , just guessing.... nothing special 450isx15. 516.000 miles....did my turbo inspection thanks to Rawze and decided to go ahead a get one.
As soon as it arrives hopefully undamaged I will install and share more information...

Maybe it will work out.....

I know there is alot of discussion on our parts really New ??? Or are they referbed? Remaned? You have OE and New parts, and the new parts at times get changed with minor peaks and improvements...
Ill take some photos etc...

I feel like over paying on some things is nothing more than a peace of mind.

I have a question? When you buy a battery, do you think it is a New battery? Or is it a reman?
My wife is ro blame for my new and improved great value attitude lol....

I see some serious problems with all this...

1) The wife is "shopping dangerously and risking your buisness" and you aren't going to get a certified cummins/holset re-man turbo complete with actuator and all for that low of a price! -- not even close to that price!.

2) who is going to buy you a new engine if that so-called "super-duper deal" of a turbo pops the turbine out of its face (god forbid that never happens) and your engine goes into runaway and melts down?!. -- You guys have $36,000 just laying around so that you can safely take those kind of risks? -- Just saying

-- I see paople take bad buisness risks every day --- Sometimes they get away with it --- Sometimes they pay,.. and for those who pay -- They can't say that "I DID NOT AT LEAST WARN THEM! -- GO TO A DEALERSHIP AND GET A CERTIFIED REMAN WITH A WARRANTY IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO TAKE A SERIOUS RISK!!!!".

I HAVE WITNESSED WITH MY OWN EYES IN COLARADO ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD ONCE WITH SOMEONE THAT GOT A "GOOD DEAL" ON A TURBO!.

Keep this video in mind while your installing it eh??? - A face seal came loose in a re-man turbo.

Sadly, that engine is now a boat anchor when it finally runs out of engine oil and stops.

I don't know about anyone else, but I do not run my business on "good deals". I run it on reliability, and last I checked, it takes a LOT OF RELIABILITY to make a profit out here on the roads these days. To take a risk with your turbocharger is to take a risk WITH YOUR ENGINE!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
I agree with Rawze on this, it's just too cheap to be genuine OEM.
I'm not even sure if you could buy an OEM turbo and actuator used for that price.
My advise is to be vary weary of that part...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
This is great advise. Now I have a time crunch issue. Turbi suppose to be here monday. I will keep you guys updated.
The now my forhead is sweating! Dang it!
replyreply
Okay, now that I have been educated and concerned about the installing turbo to the highest degree : ) I guess I have to call peterbilt monday and get there turbo.
What kind of price can I be expecting to pay now? I still feel like I can safe a lot bu doing the labor.
Lordy. Yes, I dont need those problems after installing a turbo. And I dont have enough confidence in my mechanicing knowledge to address what parts are okay tok to get cheap with.
I am going after the new turbo. Hopefully, they will let me return this ome I have coming. I will update asap.
Thank you Gents ! Thanks Rawze! Your opinion matters to me! Hammerhead, sounds like you know your stuff to! along with everyone else that replied.
Thank you!
replyreply
HHP (heavy highway parts) is where i ordered the 1,950.00 turbo and actuator combo pre-calibrated. I dont know how reputable they are.
replyreply
Off topic I know buuuuuuut :
A few years ago up north I was running a 850 John Deere track hoe, nice machine but getting up there on hrs . I think the engine had been done not too long before . Anywho , I told them the turbo was starting to go . There reply was you don't know shi#t run her . Ok .
About a week later she went . So they hauled her to the shop , a couple miles away and changed the turbo . When they fired it up ( now this would have been a beer and popcorn moment) the mechanic was standing on top. The joe boy turned the key , she took off , it had a least one piston though the block and snapped the pump clean off the motor .( the motor is bolted to one big pump , that's all it drives . )
Apperatly the air to air was fill of oil and they never checked it when they changed the turbo.
Keep in mind these machine is just shy of 200,000 lbs and 550 hp

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
10-04-2017, (Subject: 2011 peterbilt 386 replacing turbo-actuator ) 
(09-28-2017 )Brock Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  What he said^^^

Who is selling a "pre calibrated" turbo and actuator? And both for $2700.
It would have to be both, you can't calibrate the turbo or the actuator without having both parts to assemble.
I highly suggest you have that setup recalibrated, I would have a real hard time trusting this.
Alamo Industries in Edmonton said they do that when they rebuild one, they wanted my actuator to calibrate it after they rebuilt my turbo and they would send it ore calibrated back to me.

Unfortunately mine was too far blown for them to do, they can't get certain parts as they are actually a dealer so they can't use knockoffs.

run, dont walk away....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.