Blowing white smoke
10-05-2017, (Subject: Blowing white smoke ) 
Blowing white smoke
Have a m2 business class body job grain truck with a Mercedes engine blowing white smoke. Any good repair shops near edmonton that could look into this asap? Currently combining and really need it fixed.
replyreply
RE: Blowing white smoke
They are expensive AF but Dave's diesel is real good at diagnosing problems. I'd get them to check it out in a heartbeat but maybe get another shop to do the work.

The shop Unilevers works with is in Camrose and they are called On Track Kuntz and Company. They are real real good and the rates are fair, nicest people I've met and well worth the drive.

If you don't mind the drive, on track would be my #1 choice. But edmonton direct area is go Dave's as they have a dyno and all sorts of specialty equipment and tools to diagnose..... thier tuning workmanship on a couple friends truck are up for question though.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Shandro
Thanks for the reply brock. I will give him a call hopefully they would work on it. Current plan was to take it to freightliner on the south side
replyreply
Freightliner is overpriced. When I say Dave's is expensive...... he's cheaper then stealerships that charge you $165/hr and actually has well trained guys. The inexperienced work at dealerships, but sometimes ya just gotta use them. It also helps that edmonton freightliner is open 24 hours a day, they can usually get you in quickly.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Ya not much I can do really. The guys in camrose are swamped. He recommended to go to freightliner on the south side and to ask for Matt in seevice I hope they do a good job.
replyreply
10-06-2017, (Subject: Blowing white smoke ) 
Just heard back from the shop and they said the turbo blew up. At least it was on the proper side and didn't wreck the motor. Anything else they should look at while it is there?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.