Disappearing Coolant
04-21-2016, (Subject: Disappearing Coolant ) 
RE: Disappearing Coolant
There are more than a few running that milk route in Kalifornia... Not heard of anyone having any issues that I know of. My friend runs it all the time... Your cool as long as you are not stripping hardware.
replyreply
Thanks! I didn't know if they had sniffers or anything like that. Now I have to save for a couple of months to get the software. Won't be easy with my Jet Ski to The Bahamas trip coming up in less than a month...
replyreply
(04-21-2016 )DrivingZiggy Wrote:  Thanks! I didn't know if they had sniffers or anything like that. Now I have to save for a couple of months to get the software. Won't be easy with my Jet Ski to The Bahamas trip coming up in less than a month...

? it's free, comes with Inline, $300 on eBay for the entire kit.
replyreply
04-23-2016, (Subject: Disappearing Coolant ) 
Is this the one?
replyreply
04-24-2016, (Subject: Disappearing Coolant ) 
(04-23-2016 )DrivingZiggy Wrote:  Is this the one?

THOSE FAKE NEXIQ ADAPTERS ARE ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!

The chineese Cummins Inline-5 Adapters work great on the other hand,.. and YES, they will work with other software just fine like Jpro, CAT, Detroit, etc. -- As long as you are not trying to re-flash a cat or detroit ECM that is.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-24-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-23-2016 )DrivingZiggy Wrote:  Is this the one?

THOSE FAKE NEXIQ ADAPTERS ARE ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!

The chineese Cummins Inline-5 Adapters work great on the other hand,.. and YES, they will work with other software just fine like Jpro, CAT, Detroit, etc. -- As long as you are not trying to re-flash a cat or detroit ECM that is.

or ESA
replyreply
Can somebody provide me a link to the trusted vendor? I would prefer if the package includes the Volvo software since I have a Volvo and my next truck is likely to be a Volvo with Volvo power...
replyreply
(04-24-2016 )DrivingZiggy Wrote:  Can somebody provide me a link to the trusted vendor? I would prefer if the package includes the Volvo software since I have a Volvo and my next truck is likely to be a Volvo with Volvo power...
All "trusted vendor" on ebay. I have Volvo but would stay with Cummins for next reasons.
Cummins provide free repair manual, parts list, some free testing software. You can fix cummins by yourself or in any shop. Volvo does not allow access to parts catalog, nor for repair manual or testing soft. Everything is online. Parts availability and repair is big question as well.
replyreply
10-18-2016, (Subject: Disappearing Coolant ) 
Spotted and fixed a small hole on the below radiator coolant pipe right at the moment. It was covered just by a thin layer of rust so a couple hundred miles more and it would start leaking fast
A new pipe at Peterbilt is around 400$! So instead of that I ordered a Belzona 1291 ES Metal Epoxy Stick - 20$ plus heat resistant paint from walmart 9$. The hardest moment was to poor all the coolant out, I installed a ball valve from home depot as Rawze did before APU so there is enough room for a 5gal bucket. A day of work and 6 beers did the job done

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.