Disappearing Coolant
04-06-2016, (Subject: Disappearing Coolant ) 
RE: Disappearing Coolant
(04-05-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 )DrivingZiggy Wrote:  Dang it! Still losing coolant.

I guess the first thing I will do is to check the bunk heater core. I guess it's possible that it commenced to leaking again. Or that my nephew was BSing me just to be done with the job. If no joy there, I will commence to tightening all of the hoses as suggested.

If you have an APU that runs off of the trucks coolant system, check inside there. Also inspect all hoses running back to the unit if you have one... It can be a real bear finding these leaks. My primary leaker were the hoses attaching to the radiator, I found I had to double clamp those to stop them from leaking. Also, check the heater lines. I have a ProStar, but I found leaks running off of the metal coolant pipes on the passenger side of the motor. There are rubber compression bushings that slide onto the OD of the metal pipe. These compression bushings get old and hard, causing a coolant leak. One runs back towards the back of the EGR Cooler, the other is right above the Turbo where my heater shut off valve is located. Now, I do not know if you have this metal plumbing on your Volvo, but you might. Worth a look. The rubber bushings are to be found where the metal pipe attaches at the motor. A large nut holds it on via compression.

I tried to find a photo of one, but had no luck...
Yes, I do have the TriPac APU. I will check there for sure! Nephew is coming back to help. We will check all lines.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disappearing Coolant - DrivingZiggy - 04-06-2016
RE: Disappearing Coolant - Unilevers - 04-24-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.