New clutch..
10-26-2017, (Subject: New clutch.. ) 
New clutch..
Hi all..
I got prostar 2009 cm871 identical to Rawze truck... it's time to get New clutch..
Any advice on clutch type and xtra job when old clutch drop off..
Rawze when u put New clutch on your truck.. did u go with the stock one..
Thanks all
replyreply
RE: New clutch..
I finally had to replace my clutch for the first time at 1.05 million miles. It was not worn down, a spring broke from fatigue and was rolling around inside it.

I went with a new eaton 1850 clutch and complete clutch install kit, new inputs shaft, bushings, etc.

While i was at it, i also replaced the flywheel housing gasket, rerar main enigne seal, rear motor mounts, fuel tank straps, and other nick-nacks.

I would also recommend, if they have more than 500k miles on them, replacing ALL of the u-joints for both drive shafts, front and rear + carrier bearing while the tranny was out and everything apart. Check shaft end play on the differentials, and have the top plate pulled + a thorough inspection done to the tranny.

Also replacing the clutch brake with a 2-piece style brake of some decent quality.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: wildpib , Waterloo
I'd do everything Rawze said plus...

Alot of guys will probably disagree with me, but if the truck has more than 750k miles on it, and the transmission hasn't been touched, I'd have a bearing kit installed in the transmission.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , wildpib , Vjex
Unless your hauling heavy or running high horsepower, you cannot go wrong with the easypedal.

Make sure you get the install kit, cross shafts etc and like Rawze said.... while it's out, easy to do the rear main seal...... hard when tranny is in.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , wildpib
10-27-2017, (Subject: New clutch.. ) 
Easypedal in mine, very nice. And take care of everything you can afford to under there when the transmission is out.

;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , wildpib
10-27-2017, (Subject: New clutch.. ) 
shift tower,isolator bushing.be like a new truck
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , wildpib , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.