Loss of power
10-28-2017, (Subject: Loss of power ) 
Loss of power
I have a 2006 isx with a loss of power, it seems to run ok when you don't call for alot of fuel.

We hooked to a computer and took for a drive, the guy said when we try full throttle the fuel psi maxs out, and he said that usually means that the fuel pump needs replaced. Because it's trying to get fuel but it can't.

I don't remember what he said the psi was. But does is it true if fuel pump is constant max psi that it's bad?

Thanks
replyreply
10-28-2017, (Subject: Loss of power ) 
RE: Loss of power
you could...

Monitor fuel pressure for a pressure drop.

Monitor engine state for any derates.

Monitor boost pressure for any deficiencies or boost derates.

Monitor exhaust back-pressure.

Monitor VG position desired.

Monitor cam and crank position sync state.

Monitor fuel pedal position

Monitor for any type of fuel system component errors like actuators or fuel shutoff solenoid errors. They will all cause silent derates that will not show up in engine state.

You coule also monitor engine output torque, load %, and fuel flow mg/stroke would be desirable too.

Also check the altitude sensor and make sure the engine is not in high altitude or other incorrect engine mode.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-29-2017, (Subject: Loss of power ) 
The motor has 1.3 mil but was overhauled 330,000 miles ago with a new head,cylinder kit etc. It does not have vg turbo or egr. I don't know who did the programming, have put 100k miles on it and until recently ran awesome and just had to replace 3 Cummins reman injectors, i used the cut out and bubble test, after i changed injectors it passed the cut out and bubble test.and the actuators are new from Cummins, which I know doesn't mean anything.

Guy said everything looked good as we were driving with the computer hooked up pulling a load other than the fuel psi was max all the time instantly whrn you tried to accelerate.

It just runs weak and has no power when you call for throttle and just shakes and barely accelerates. Boost psi is normal .egt normal.

When I posted the question I proly didn't word it right.

I should have just asked what are the symptoms of failing fuel pump? It's the original fuel pump to motor.
replyreply
10-29-2017, (Subject: Loss of power ) 
Programming can do a lot of damage to these engines.

Taking off the VG turbo, unless your trying to make above 700+ hp was most likely a mistake as well.

Sounds like it was a butchered hack-job to me. Must be nice to be able to play around with a $36,000 engines like that. I know I could not afford it, I ave to actually make a living with mine.

Sorry, but I actually care about fuel mileage and my engine brake and decent programming. First thing you should do is get with Unilevers and/or gearhead and ensure the programming is ok. Otherwise, it will just keep eating up injectors and other engine components like candy. Anyone check to see if it has a spun bearing somewhere?

Is it building pressure in the coolant system?

Is it sucking air into the fuel system?

Have you checked all the things I mentioned above?

you claim it "ran awesome" but that is all a matter of perspective. i have seen lots of guys claim that only to come here and realize after their s$it got straightened out properly only to realize in a hurry how bad their engine really was.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , victory26

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.