diesel generator
10-30-2017, (Subject: diesel generator ) 
RE: diesel generator
Honestly Barf, I would go get a Tri-Pac Evolution. Finance/lease one if you have too, most dealers can do that. I just did that, mine is ready to fall off of the truck, literally. A couple grand down, couple hundred a month and I have a tax write off. They are installing in December.

The few guys I personally know with cobbled together systems, or off brand systems are kicking themselves for not just going with the Tri-Pac. My buddy in Phoenix two years ago installed some other mom and pop unit, he is ready to rip it off the side of his truck. He cannot get parts.

The Tri-Pac though...

Parts are readily available
Service centers everywhere
TA and Speedco can change the oil and all of the filters
You will get an inverter
A bunk heater that will heat you out of the truck
Cold weather kit will automatically start the Tri-Pac to warm your coolant if parked somewhere in the winter months. I love this feature, as I have no where to plug in. Start the truck and you will have heat in minutes.
A battery charging system that has been upgraded to properly trickle charge AGM batteries.
The case of the Tri-Pac is now made of ALUMINUM.

Just a whole list of stuff.

The last thing I want to do is babysit an APU. Which I have been doing with mine this past year and a half. It is right at eleven years old and is at the end of her duty cycle, the case is rotted and chunks falling off, but she still works. Eleven years out of an APU? I would say that is a pretty good ROI.

I know how aggravating a poorly operating APU can be, and the headaches it causes on the road. And I know I cannot live without one, just to many benefits to not have one. Just my .02
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , barf , Midland

Messages In This Thread
diesel generator - barf - 10-29-2017,
RE: diesel generator - Waterloo - 10-30-2017
RE: diesel generator - barf - 10-30-2017,
RE: diesel generator - barf - 10-31-2017,
RE: diesel generator - ynot - 10-31-2017,
RE: diesel generator - Nilao - 11-01-2017,
RE: diesel generator - JimT - 06-21-2021,
RE: diesel generator - Rawze - 06-22-2021,
RE: diesel generator - JimT - 06-23-2021,
RE: diesel generator - Ricky - 06-23-2021,
RE: diesel generator - Rawze - 06-24-2021,
RE: diesel generator - barf - 06-23-2021,
RE: diesel generator - JimT - 06-24-2021,
RE: diesel generator - barf - 06-24-2021,
RE: diesel generator - Ricky - 06-24-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.