1st forced regen today with insite and
11-10-2017, (Subject: 1st forced regen today with insite and ) 
RE: 1st forced regen today with insite and
(11-09-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  1 was in the 570's, 2 were around 1050 or so. There are many inactives, but the egr valve plug was played with(pins) and code cleared. The truck has about 720k. New dpf and egr im may., also flex pipe was replaced at same time.

I have seen a common mistake when replacing those flex pipes behind the turbo on the prostars especially. I have seen where they put them on and there is still a gap at the end of the flex part opposite of the turbo. This is because the exhaust pipe has slits in it to fit over it, and they don't get it slid on all the way, then it leaks a bit at the joint.

This usually happens when a mechainc is lazy and only replaces the flex section, instead of removing the entire long section of exhaust pipe between the turbo and the face of the DOC. - The exhaust pipe section between the back of the turbo past the doser injector and the DOC face is made to be taken out as one long assembled piece, flex section and all so that it can be serviced properly + mount bushings replaced. The mid-point mounting clamp (half way between the turbo and DOC) is what should be loosened to adjust the section so that it aligns properly to the back of the turbo instead of trying to stretch the new flex pipe. Another mistake I see them make that causes them to leak and/or get damaged.

While it is out, it is easy to do an exhaust wrap on it too. An exhaust wrap improves its heat flow, improves fuel mileage, and also lessens the heat problems in the cab of the truck in the summer time by a lot.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hhow55
11-10-2017, (Subject: 1st forced regen today with insite and ) 
RE: 1st forced regen today with insite and
Im on it today for sure. Thanks for taking the time to get me started
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.