1st forced regen today with insite and
11-09-2017, (Subject: 1st forced regen today with insite and ) 
RE: 1st forced regen today with insite and
There are paper type gaskets in your exhaust system that after time fail. There is one where the braided exhaust attaches up at the doser. More than likely that gasket is bad and needs to be replaced. It has a concave to it, it is not flat. I argued with a dealer over this, as they insisted there was no gasket there... There is.

There is also a gasket at the other end of the braided line, and in your DPF/DOC cans. From my experience they are rarely reusable if you still have the mandate. If you have had any exhaust work done, and they reused those gaskets, not good. Odds are the entire system is leaking. If you have a NAPA auto near by, they normally stock these gaskets for half of what the dealer will charge you. You will need the part numbers from the dealer so that they can cross reference.

If you have a standard shift transmission, you will want to inspect the shifter boot on the floor. You want to make sure it is not torn or worn out. It seats into the floorboard and if damaged can allow exhaust gases into the cab. I also installed a worm gear clamp at the top of the boot where the stick passes through into the cab. That is also a point of exhaust gas entry. I found that out the hard way.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st forced regen today with insite and - Waterloo - 11-09-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.