Roadside service membership
03-24-2016, (Subject: Roadside service membership ) 
Roadside service membership
Hey guys,

Anyone have any luck with a roadside service membership?

I mean I keep getting emails with offers like $50 a month, get tow service, tire service, blah blah...
Do these things work?

A friend of mine got Verizon mobile tracking on his trucks that came with roadside service. He is very happy with it since they actually towed him for free once. Any thoughts?

Please PM me with any recommendations.
replyreply
RE: Roadside service membership
We have Roadside assistance through OOIDA that covers the cost of tow and or labor for repairs (not parts) $15/month and worth it!
The first time was in the first month and it paid all labor for roadside repair promptly!

They are our insurance carrier, we also carry supplemental towing and clean up for worst case scenario, like narrowly missing a head on with another "O/O" talking on the phone running down a narrow two lane with no shoulder in PA. You never know, you might wind up in a corn field, hopefully upright!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
I have that too, through my insurance carrier, Great West is the one I am insured with... Hell, I forgot I had it! I have a claim to turn in for my blown radiator and tow! LOL!
replyreply
I have Great West also. There are two different options, Choice, and Choice plus. The Choice plus gets you home if your within 500 miles if I remember right
replyreply
04-21-2016, (Subject: Roadside service membership ) 
(03-24-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  We have Roadside assistance through OOIDA that covers the cost of tow and or labor for repairs (not parts) $15/month and worth it!
The first time was in the first month and it paid all labor for roadside repair promptly!

They are our insurance carrier, we also carry supplemental towing and clean up for worst case scenario, like narrowly missing a head on with another "O/O" talking on the phone running down a narrow two lane with no shoulder in PA. You never know, you might wind up in a corn field, hopefully upright!

I hadn't that luck with OOIDA, I'm not insured with them, and when I asked what is the TTN Roadside Assistance Hot Number for, the answer was: dispatching, which means finding and cosigning for somebody to fix me on the road. They don't cover labor or towing. Just dispatching for a "discounted" 55$ one time call fee. Seems that your roadside assistance is like an add-up service to your insurance. 15$/month is nothing for a piece of mind, good deal
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.