Tesla Semi Truck
11-22-2017, (Subject: Tesla Semi Truck ) 
RE: Tesla Semi Truck
(11-20-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  So many unknowns. Who is going to bear the cost of placing the charging stations in every truck stop in every slot because we all know even if you dedicate 5 to electric only vehicles drivers are still going to park in them thus the need to electrify every spot. What happens when swift backs over the charging station? Who is going to be trained to repair these out in the field? What is the battery life? What is the cost of replacement? We all know how the prius batteries only last 4 years at a cost of over 4k to replace one. So many unproven concepts here. Might be viable as a local delivery truck but I wouldn't trust it in a otr scenario.

he said it has a 1 million mile warranty and it called when it needs repair
replyreply
11-22-2017, (Subject: Tesla Semi Truck ) 
(11-22-2017 )DUKE58 Wrote:  he said it has a 1 million mile warranty and it called when it needs repair

A whole lot of s$it wears out on a truck in a million miles. Air compressors, dryers, brake components, rears can wear out, drive-line components, u-joints, king pins, springs, shackles, radiators, bearings, shocks, bushings, air springs, 5-th wheel, wiring, lights, gauges, sensors, and a whole host of things that plague you along the way.

"Warranty" would be a matter of perspective I suppose.

The thing fails the sniff test badly if you ask me. Too much bragging, boasting and a lot of bulls%it hype is all that video is.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Shotgun74 , PuroCumminsPower
12-08-2017, (Subject: Tesla Semi Truck ) 
Anheuser-Busch Ordered 40 Self-Driving Tesla Trucks To Deliver Loads Of Beer
Read more at
http://www.craveonline.com/mandatory/135...loads-beer
replyreply
12-08-2017, (Subject: Tesla Semi Truck ) 
Another thing not mentioned. How are they going to tax the electricity that we can’t produce in the first place. Look at all the road tax and sales tax on fuel the government makes. I would bet the government would be hurt in short order if they lost all this revenue. How much do you think electric bills will be in every house hold across America if they try this ignorant plan. I tell you our leaders are are freaking brilliant. I can’t believe this is what we’ve come too. Bing ruled by freaking morons. Unbelievable.....
replyreply
12-09-2017, (Subject: Tesla Semi Truck ) 
Just to make the liberals heads explode I think we should call all electric vehicles "coal burners".
Since 65% percent of our energy is produced from fossil fuels it just makes sense to me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kryten , Magard , hhow55 , Texasdude74 , PuroCumminsPower
(12-09-2017 )Roysbigtoys Wrote:  Just to make the liberals heads explode I think we should call all electric vehicles "coal burners".
Since 65% percent of our energy is produced from fossil fuels it just makes sense to me.

LOLOLZ!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , PuroCumminsPower
"How are they going to tax the electricity that we can’t produce in the first place."

They will charge you a big fat charge when you register your truck, you know some sort of big fat $$$ to make up for the loss. as the state does with elec. cars now. I thought i saw it was like 500.00 charge for them every year as road use tax in place of fuel tax. so you can just imagine what it will be for a truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
Any expenses there are, the buyer doesn't care. Believe me, its more about not needing a driver than being green or clean or anything else. The no emissions is just a sales pitch. If companies openly said they were interested just for the fact they wouldn't need to employ people, everyone would call them evil. But if they say its to be green, they look like heroes....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , Texasdude74 , fargonaz , PuroCumminsPower
Yea... and the ironic thing to me is, employing millions of truckers is a good thing for American economics... a lot of truckers are the sole providers in their family, a lot of truckers aren't very marketable in other industries, trucking can be a second chance career...

You wipe out the trucker then, you wipe wipe out demand, which lowers the need of trucking companies to begin with.. to an extent

I guess some X truckers would go on to state/ fed benefits, and trucking companies would still be in need for food deliveries and etc... but still, it's an uneccasary intrusion in America's economic system.

I keep saying this in person but, if we as humans want to actually progress with technology- let's first find a real solution to American WASTE. Let's find a way to turn American waste into renewable energy ... or something besides mounds of buried trash but *i digress [ I guess we need more important things, like cars that can drive themselves- so people can have maximum entertainment time ]
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rig Wrench , PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.