timing and metering actuators
11-27-2017, (Subject: timing and metering actuators ) 
RE: timing and metering actuators
So these photos of the metering plate and what basically happens inside is this plate flutters at a very high frequency or rate allowing it to time and meter the fuel through ECM commands..... in my observation after separating these actuators the second actuator from the left side going to the right (front to back) .......this particular actuator was loose meaning the metering plate was out of adjustment causing my motor to have a intermittent lope during idle and robbing me fuel mileage if say perhaps this valve starts to separate it will actually allow the fuel to dump into the injectors and could probably lead to higher pressures in those cylinders related to the leaking actuator so what ive done is separate the metering plate to show what it looks like and what happens when they unscrew and what they should look like tightened its almost like cummins created it as a fail safe mechanism so that the cylinder doesn't lean out but rather instead it would run more rich.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: timing and metering actuators - 3_milly871 - 11-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.