timing and metering actuators
11-27-2017, (Subject: timing and metering actuators ) 
RE: timing and metering actuators
So after checking the internals in all the actuators i only found 1 loose metering plate so i tightened it ....and as for the inside of all these actuators they were immaculate i was impressed..... moving forward i put the actuators back together and did a ohm test to make sure that the metering plates were completely flush while looking in the fuel journals....... i got 0.5ohms across all the actuators. So if (1) was a bit out of adjustment the digital meter would show more resistance which would tell me that something is wrong so make note..... a fast way to check these is to do a ohm test and make sure that the numbers are the same ....if you have high resistance in any of these actuators there is definitely sludge, small debris, or maybe the metering screw as backed off a bit inside creating a situation....also i did use brake cleaner to clean the outside of these actuators and boy what a difference so cheers for now and lets keep those cummins running.....!!!!!!!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , trucklogger2 , Brock , ktbtrucking , smorgan87 , juicefromaus

Messages In This Thread
RE: timing and metering actuators - 3_milly871 - 11-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.