Fan control circuit - code 245
12-06-2017, (Subject: Fan control circuit - code 245 ) 
Fan control circuit - code 245
I am receiving this active fault which I assume does not allow me to regen. Engine derated not long after triangle warn engine light came on. Limped it to the TA and forced regen allowed me to make it home. Replaced the fan clutch sensor and still have warning light on. If I can not find reason I will be forced to take to dealership ($132/hr), need to get get back up and running asap. And just fyi, after replacing sensor I ran for 3 hrs then received an “electrical fault”, which killed half my gauges on dash but ran without hesitation. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you guys! Sorry guys I didnt add any info on my equipment. It is an International Prostar with a cummins isx 871.
replyreply
12-07-2017, (Subject: Fan control circuit - code 245 ) 
RE: Fan control circuit - code 245
If this is a prostar check and clean all 5 amp fuses in dash have saw some crazy stuff with those fuses...Also have you flash your ecm lately? Check all wiring to switch. If you have insite look at see how the fan is set up...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-11-2017, (Subject: Fan control circuit - code 245 ) 
Ok, well found out my Engine to cab harness needs replacing. Bad deal since it takes up to 3 weeks from dealer to have part made and $1800 price tag. Any chance a used harness works? Been looking and no luck so far ☹️.
replyreply
12-11-2017, (Subject: Fan control circuit - code 245 ) 
(12-11-2017 )Juanandres41 Wrote:  Ok, well found out my Engine to cab harness needs replacing. Bad deal since it takes up to 3 weeks from dealer to have part made and $1800 price tag. Any chance a used harness works? Been looking and no luck so far ☹️.

If i were faced with 3 weeks wait for a wiring harness,.. I would remove the old one completely, strip all the outer split-loom off it, find all the weak points in it, repair/re-build it instead of waiting around. I refuse to be put at the mercy of others if there is any way I can prevent it. Even If I had no idea how to repair and rebuild a wiring harness,.. I would remove it and take it to a car-stereo shop that is good with wiring harnesses and have them do it before waiting so long for it.

Just some thought, the beer is talking tonight.

Hopefully, that is all it is. I know the stealershits are quick to blame entire wiring harnesses instead of actually troubleshooting and finding the problems. 3-weeks and One Wiring harness later,.. same problem and the truck owner is out another few more thousand.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , Juanandres41
12-13-2017, (Subject: Fan control circuit - code 245 ) 
Thanks for yall responses gentlemen. Me and beer have become good friends the past week as well lol. My solution to my problem was to “delete” truck (needed to anyways since I do plenty of stop and go in the oil patch) and found a used harness having it shipped asap. Been running without the chance of getting derated. Set me back a few$$ but 3 days running truck has pd for delete. Hoping to not mess up fan clutch in the process since it runs constantly. Now to find a tutorial on replacing engine to cab harness!
replyreply
12-13-2017, (Subject: Fan control circuit - code 245 ) 
(12-13-2017 )Juanandres41 Wrote:  Thanks for yall responses gentlemen. Me and beer have become good friends the past week as well lol. My solution to my problem was to “delete” truck (needed to anyways since I do plenty of stop and go in the oil patch) and found a used harness having it shipped asap. Been running without the chance of getting derated. Set me back a few$$ but 3 days running truck has pd for delete. Hoping to not mess up fan clutch in the process since it runs constantly. Now to find a tutorial on replacing engine to cab harness!

Hopefully you had it done by someone recommended from this forum. otherwise, you may very likely have just traded one problem for future engine failure issues.

references:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...01#pid5901
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.