Ecm wiring pins
12-15-2017, (Subject: Ecm wiring pins ) 
Ecm wiring pins
2008 871 , 9900 I
I am having issues with the back presser Senser . Changed Senser and plug . I am wanting to change out harness right from the ecm plug .
Just wondering if someone would be kind enough to tell me what pins it takes and or tool to change them . Thank you .

P.s the back pressure line is new and I keep getting several faults to do with the Senser , and it's m$m by the best ...
Any other ideas

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
RE: Ecm wiring pins
back pressure for what? - Exhaust?

Check your exhaust and make sure it is not blocked while your at it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link
The sockets on the male ECM connector are a 20ga socket. Deutsch #0462-201-20141

The Deutsch crimping tool for said pins is HDT-48-00. It's pretty pricey there are other similar, but other branded tools that will do the 4-way crimp.

You will need the 'red' removal tool to unpin them from the ECM connector 0411-240-2005 get plenty. they are thin walled and only last a couple insertions before splitting.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link , Rawze , Hammerhead , JMBT , Signature620 , 74bassman
(12-15-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  back pressure for what? - Exhaust?

Check your exhaust and make sure it is not blocked while your at it.
Thank you I defiantly will... I am really not looking forward to dropping the cans my self though . Haha

replyreply
(12-15-2017 )Moose Wrote:  The sockets on the male ECM connector are a 20ga socket. Deutsch #0462-201-20141

The Deutsch crimping tool for said pins is HDT-48-00. It's pretty pricey there are other similar, but other branded tools that will do the 4-way crimp.

You will need the 'red' removal tool to unpin them from the ECM connector 0411-240-2005 get plenty. they are thin walled and only last a couple insertions before splitting.

Thank you that's exactly what I was looking for

replyreply
Link's bro-in-law has the tool, its the pin connector he's been looking for. I've got a feeling this is going to take place at my shop and we're prolly gonna have a bit of a run away, my rush is winding down and I have a massive hangover scheduled...
Yes Rawze, it's the exhaust gas back pressure sensor. It appears as though the previous owner spliced into the OEM harness and ran new wiring and a new sensor. Yes I said spliced into, not cut and bypassed. The OEM wiring is still there, and also still connected to this "new circuit", so we've talked about removing the pins fro the ECM connector and rewiring right from the ECM plug to the sensor to eliminate this abortion.

I've been "on go" for three months or more straight. I'll have 45% of my years revenue generated since September.
I'm pulling the oil pan drainplug when I get home and asking someone to hide it from me for a month.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Rawze
11-11-2020, (Subject: Ecm wiring pins ) 
(12-15-2017 )Moose Wrote:  The sockets on the male ECM connector are a 20ga socket. Deutsch #0462-201-20141

What does the red tool look like & do you have a part number?
replyreply
11-11-2020, (Subject: Ecm wiring pins ) 
(11-11-2020 )Jburks765 Wrote:  

What does the red tool look like & do you have a part number?

http://www.customconnectorkits.com/0411-...BcQAvD_BwE

That's the tool. You can get them from Amazon as well.

Cummins sells too but it won't be worth the additional price.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.