Regen light on
01-05-2018, (Subject: Regen light on ) 
RE: Regen light on
(01-04-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  Ok,
Went 950 miles since reset on ecm and can and the DPF light is screaming again...
Did a forced regen, and sure getting tired of this. Also have fault code 2777, which points to a problem involving the inhibit switch. The inhibit switch will not allow me to do a forced regen, so I have utilize Insite to complete the task. Insite says something about ecm programming for the inhibit switch, yet I had ecm flashed to the correct av10046. I'm thinking maybe I have a bad inhibit switch on the dash, since I can not do a forced regen when pressing the rocker switch.
Thx in advance

Someone can flash it with the right program, but that does not mean the inhibit switch setting is guaranteed to be correct. That is part of the adjustable features and parameters and if someone did not back them up and restore them properly, or has set the wrong address for it, then it can have some problems like your describing. It can also lead to the thing not performing rolling regens properly too if the switch is reporting it is in the inhibit position.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-05-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  Ok,
Went 950 miles since reset on ecm and can and the DPF light is screaming again...
Did a forced regen, and sure getting tired of this. Also have fault code 2777, which points to a problem involving the inhibit switch. The inhibit switch will not allow me to do a forced regen, so I have utilize Insite to complete the task. Insite says something about ecm programming for the inhibit switch, yet I had ecm flashed to the correct av10046. I'm thinking maybe I have a bad inhibit switch on the dash, since I can not do a forced regen when pressing the rocker switch.
Thx in advance

Someone can flash it with the right program, but that does not mean the inhibit switch setting is guaranteed to be correct. That is part of the adjustable features and parameters and if someone did not back them up and restore them properly, or has set the wrong address for it, then it can have some problems like your describing. It can also lead to the thing not performing rolling regens properly too if the switch is reporting it is in the inhibit position.

I'm thinking that when ecm was re flashed, it was not properly backed up and restored. Is it possible for me to go into features and parameters in insite, and make the necessary change?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Yup, in features and parameters expand the aftertreatment then dpf then make sure your switch for inhibit and start regen is enabled. I had to do this with this last truck I bought and it had the correct programming and came configured from kenworth this way. You can also enable exhaust high temp. light and choose at what temp. and speed its allowed to come on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(01-05-2018 )schISM Wrote:  Yup, in features and parameters expand the aftertreatment then dpf then make sure your switch for inhibit and start regen is enabled. I had to do this with this last truck I bought and it had the correct programming and came configured from kenworth this way. You can also enable exhaust high temp. light and choose at what temp. and speed its allowed to come on.

Thank you very much Mr. Schism,
I appreciate you mentioning the exhaust high temp light since mine never comes on.
What temp, and speed you recommend it to come on?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
(01-05-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 )schISM Wrote:  Yup, in features and parameters expand the aftertreatment then dpf then make sure your switch for inhibit and start regen is enabled. I had to do this with this last truck I bought and it had the correct programming and came configured from kenworth this way. You can also enable exhaust high temp. light and choose at what temp. and speed its allowed to come on.

Thank you very much Mr. Schism,
I appreciate you mentioning the exhaust high temp light since mine never comes on.
What temp, and speed you recommend it to come on?
Your welcome, and I set mine on at 800, off at 700 and on under 10mph
replyreply
I'm in the ecm, and the DPF is showing disabled.
I right click. Do I restore original value?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.