Same Story DIfferent Truck
01-10-2018, (Subject: Same Story DIfferent Truck ) 
RE: Same Story DIfferent Truck
(01-09-2018 )Shotgun74 Wrote:  
(01-09-2018 )JHNDZ Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Dr ISX is over in Vegas, someone here has his contact info, I would make a trip and fix that truck. ;-)

Is there anyone is California .. ?? So. cal .. i dont have any permits other than CA.
i feel it would be a little suspicious coming back ?? lol .. i wont be able to get any loads because im only INTRA state ..

If they question you. Tell them you were using it for personal conveyance. You went to meet a guy who was interested in buying it. You met him in Vegas. He didn't have the amount agreed upon so now your headed home.

That could work .. if I can't find someone trustworthy is Cali . . I'll prob do that
replyreply
(01-10-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  I was just like you 2 weeks ago. Passive regens every 3 hrs. It was getting annoying. I bought new def injector, def filter, def hose, doser injector, 7th injector, both nox sensors 2 months ago. dpf and doc cleaned 150k ago when I bought the truck with 455k now has 615k. I finally decided time to demandate it. This is the way to go. I was just like u i didn't want a tune or demandate because all the horror stories. But after talking a couple of buddy's that have done it I was ready to do it. These problems will leave u broke guessing to see what part it is. Mechanics ripping you off. located in southern Cali too.

Yup .. I've don't the same in a period of 4 months ... how's your truck running ..? How long ago did you do it ? .. Is it a m .m 2 ??
replyreply
(01-10-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  25k and 60 mph, I would be breaking 9 mpg everywhere out there(or 8 in a newer engine any ways). You have something seriously wrong.

Emissions problems are ALWAYS ALWAYS the RESULT of engine and/or sensor problems. At 550k i doubt you will be able to keep the emissions systems happy any more. Pull the DPF and DOC and take pictures of their faces, then go have them baked for a few hundred bucks. Post the pics on the forum for some opinions.

Those engines are notorious for NOX sensors to go bad without throwing codes too. Howe old are they? They typically live about 200-300k miles and then read wrong, causing a lot of ghost problems.

When is the last time the decomp tube was inspected and the DEF injector cleaned, filter for it changed>?

Nox sensors ..
Not sure how old they are .. I have inspected them and I have to say the wires look very clean almost new .. both of them ..
The decomp tube ..
I inspected the inside and it was dry replaced the gaskets and clamps ..with a new def doser..
Dpf..doc..
In the month of oct. I baked both .. gentleman said that they were dirty .. but no coolent nor cracked .. it ran ok for a week .. gave about 350 miles in between regen ..but lasted about a month til I was back backing them ..
I've Backed them twice ..
NOW .. I've noticed the truck says that it has an engine load of 20% AT IDLE .. it's like that most of the time ..
I do have a cheap scanner that allows me to see truck operations but .. no mods .. can only clear codes ..
ENGINE LOAD 20% .. I feel like the actuator is staying open at idle .. but after like 5 min it closes .. ??
replyreply
Get it de-mandated. Stop with the stress and headaches and start making $.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: adam isx , overshot
Have you noticed any changes in oil consumption? If you don't mind my asking.
replyreply
Plan on buying at least a new DPF, NOT REMAN. You stepped into someone elses problem. Get the adapter and software. I'll be down there, probably Sunday afternoon and won't be delivering until Tuesday, maybe we can meet up and read the ECM. PM me if you're interested.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JHNDZ
01-11-2018, (Subject: Same Story DIfferent Truck ) 
(01-10-2018 )fargonaz Wrote:  Plan on buying at least a new DPF, NOT REMAN. You stepped into someone elses problem. Get the adapter and software. I'll be down there, probably Sunday afternoon and won't be delivering until Tuesday, maybe we can meet up and read the ECM. PM me if you're interested.

Yea I appreciate any help .. I will pm you
replyreply
01-12-2018, (Subject: Same Story DIfferent Truck ) 
(01-10-2018 )JHNDZ Wrote:  
(01-10-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  25k and 60 mph, I would be breaking 9 mpg everywhere out there(or 8 in a newer engine any ways). You have something seriously wrong.

Emissions problems are ALWAYS ALWAYS the RESULT of engine and/or sensor problems. At 550k i doubt you will be able to keep the emissions systems happy any more. Pull the DPF and DOC and take pictures of their faces, then go have them baked for a few hundred bucks. Post the pics on the forum for some opinions.

Those engines are notorious for NOX sensors to go bad without throwing codes too. Howe old are they? They typically live about 200-300k miles and then read wrong, causing a lot of ghost problems.

When is the last time the decomp tube was inspected and the DEF injector cleaned, filter for it changed>?

Nox sensors ..
Not sure how old they are .. I have inspected them and I have to say the wires look very clean almost new .. both of them ..
The decomp tube ..
I inspected the inside and it was dry replaced the gaskets and clamps ..with a new def doser..
Dpf..doc..
In the month of oct. I baked both .. gentleman said that they were dirty .. but no coolent nor cracked .. it ran ok for a week .. gave about 350 miles in between regen ..but lasted about a month til I was back backing them ..
I've Backed them twice ..
NOW .. I've noticed the truck says that it has an engine load of 20% AT IDLE .. it's like that most of the time ..
I do have a cheap scanner that allows me to see truck operations but .. no mods .. can only clear codes ..
ENGINE LOAD 20% .. I feel like the actuator is staying open at idle .. but after like 5 min it closes .. ??

Hey rawze .. Let's say I had .. 10k to put in the truck to fix it .. 1 .. Will it be enough??
If so .. What would you do? ..

2 .. how much money do you think will take to get this system up to par ??
replyreply
01-12-2018, (Subject: Same Story DIfferent Truck ) 
(01-12-2018 )JHNDZ Wrote:  Hey rawze .. Let's say I had .. 10k to put in the truck to fix it .. 1 .. Will it be enough??
If so .. What would you do? ..

2 .. how much money do you think will take to get this system up to par ??

something kinda like this (starting about the third paragraph or so)...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid18122

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JHNDZ

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.