2nd air gauge not working
03-28-2016, (Subject: 2nd air gauge not working ) 
RE: 2nd air gauge not working
Just had this problem. Do you have air entering primary (driver side,orange) or green ( secondary-air bags fan hub and such)? Check fittings and small adjuster at air dryer next to governor. Or maybe your governor itself.
replyreply
(03-28-2016 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  Just had this problem. Do you have air entering primary (driver side,orange) or green ( secondary-air bags fan hub and such)? Check fittings and small adjuster at air dryer next to governor. Or maybe your governor itself.

Interesting. never thought of that.did your gauge just drop to zero with no buzzer then come back to life? as thats whats happening to mine..
replyreply
(03-28-2016 )stevesparts Wrote:  
(03-28-2016 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  Just had this problem. Do you have air entering primary (driver side,orange) or green ( secondary-air bags fan hub and such)? Check fittings and small adjuster at air dryer next to governor. Or maybe your governor itself.

Interesting. never thought of that.did your gauge just drop to zero with no buzzer then come back to life? as thats whats happening to mine..
First, do you have air in tanks on both sides? Check using drain cocks. There aren't any wires to guage other than for the light. If you have an extra guage (which I think you mentioned you tried a different one) take the air line off the one on the dash and replace it with the other one ( no need to reinstall the dash) you can use any air guage. It's hard to diagnose when the truck is not in front of a guy. Are there any air leaks anywhere on your tractor? If it drops below 60 psi your buzzer needs to activate-sound off. Where are you at?

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
03-29-2016, (Subject: 2nd air gauge not working ) 
(03-27-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Paccar cab controllers are sometimes very finicky. if there was an intermittent connection, the cab controller could be rejecting the gauge all together.

The best way to reset the cab controller unfortunately, is to disconnect ALL batteries form the truck completely, and let it sit for 30 min or so, then re-connect everything. No one fuse will typically do it. i would try that just ensure that is not what happened. It is very common.

Steve, try this battery disconnect. I know you have a KW, but I was reading this, and see that your gauge drops and you get no warning buzzer. I have had the no buzzer problem with my air gauges too on my ProStar. They will drop and no buzzer. I have to disconnect the batteries, all of them, let it sit for a few minutes and reattach. Everything than goes back to normal and works. I have had to do this once every year for some reason, no clue why the body/cab controller bugs out like this. But, it is always in the winter months, that I know for a fact, as this happened to me a couple of months ago at a customer. I guess she does not like the cold.
replyreply
04-05-2016, (Subject: 2nd air gauge not working ) 
Hey Stevezparts, what did you find and how did you manage? Keep us in the loop,dood!

replyreply
04-07-2016, (Subject: 2nd air gauge not working ) 
just got back..have to work sometimes :). but i found a very sneaky hole in a 1/2 inch line(by the air drier) and fixed the hole,but it did not fix it :( the gauge is responding better(more) but still diving to zero.sitting there for a bit then comes back still no buzzer or bells but its better. so will try to work on it some more this weekend.
replyreply
Maybe it's loosing connection in the dash try moving the gauge and see if it happens.
replyreply
(04-07-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Maybe it's loosing connection in the dash try moving the gauge and see if it happens.

oh i wish it was that ez..i've tryed 2 diff. gauges a stock 1 and and new one teltek new one that will come out soon (i'm a beta tester)replaced wires and wiggled it all. just haven't found it yet.. just got to make the time to really dig into it.
replyreply
So,you have lots of air on both sides in the tanks,right and you don't have the trailerhooked up or at least charged,so you isolate your truck.is it possible for you service the air dyer? Governors are like $12 or so and filters under $100 anyway,i can' t remember. But the point is air dryers and related parts sure can act weird. If possible go around your truck air valves with soapy water. Wirh a close eye on your quick connect valve. Hope this helps.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.