Adding A/C & Heat to 36" sleeper
01-07-2018, (Subject: Adding A/C & Heat to 36" sleeper ) 
Adding A/C & Heat to 36" sleeper
I'm fixing to take a run that will keep me out in this little box a couple nights each week...

This truck does not have rear heat & a/c. I use the right side under the bunk for storage.

What is out there aftermarket wise for battery powered heat and a/c so I don't have to idle my truck? Or, would you suggest just getting an APU. I really don't have a huge bunk nor the frame space to hang one on. I am hoping there is a small, battery powered one out there I'm just not up to speed with this market.

Hoping someone here is!

Thanks
replyreply
RE: Adding A/C & Heat to 36" sleeper
(01-07-2018 )Moose Wrote:  I'm fixing to take a run that will keep me out in this little box a couple nights each week...

This truck does not have rear heat & a/c. I use the right side under the bunk for storage.

What is out there aftermarket wise for battery powered heat and a/c so I don't have to idle my truck? Or, would you suggest just getting an APU. I really don't have a huge bunk nor the frame space to hang one on. I am hoping there is a small, battery powered one out there I'm just not up to speed with this market.

Hoping someone here is!

Thanks
These are the ones we use in our small fleet. Fairly easy to install dealers can do it to.
Not sure what your budget is but these work well enough.
https://www.webasto.com/us/markets-produ...p-2000-st/

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Moose
apucenter.com has the chil-e electric apu. Webasto makes an excellent bunk heater.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Moose
I use a 3100 watt Champion inverter generator with a plumbed in 6 gallon extended run tank. Has remote start and economy mode which runs it idled down until it needs more power, so the fuel lasts longer. On that 6 gallons I get the same .2 gallons per hour use the APU's get. So 34 to 36 hours as long as it stays in economy mode. I can run a 5000 btu window A/C unit on it or a small space heater. Mine on the cat walk behind the cab and you can barely hear it run. It more quiet than the APU's.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Moose
If all you need is heat Id just get a Espar or Webasto bunk heater. ez install and would work well for you,just don't go for the bigger units or you'll roast yourself out of the cab. a Espar d2 will give you more heat than you need for that small of a bunk. just get a good temp. controller for what ever you get. plus you could run a bunk heater for 2 days or so with out running the truck :) if you need to.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Moose
I have espar d2 heater for 3 years. After 2 winters it started to show 52, 53 code "flame lost". And it didnt start from the first time like usually. Had to start it couple times then it started.
So I took it apart and took flame tube had carbon in it. There are two ways to fix it. Replace the tube $120 or try to clean it. I replaced it now espar works like new again.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Moose , Rawze
Thanks guys, I had some time to research all the heat & cool options. Also, some clarification on the run. It's very regional TX, LA, MS & AL. What couple nights that I'm somewhere with extreme cold I'm just going to have to suck it up and idle it. I've slept just fine in it around 40-ish with engine off and nothing on, what I'm going to need more is A/C so I'm going to focus more on the battery powered cooling units.

What set this off besides a real disdain in idling the truck even though it's not mandated and I woke up shivering to this last week.., So a t-stat is in my near future.

replyreply
I use: Eberspacher Airtronic D2 for heating
replyreply
01-08-2018, (Subject: Adding A/C & Heat to 36" sleeper ) 
https://www.amazon.com/Mattress-Electrow...warmer+12v

I had one of these, and also got a canvas sleeping bag from https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magella...eeping-bag

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.