CM2250 valve guide seal progress
01-17-2018, (Subject: CM2250 valve guide seal progress ) 
CM2250 valve guide seal progress
         So brother and I got cylinders 1 & 2 done today!! Found “smoking guns on cylinder 2 exhaust valves. The seals had came off the stem guides and were moving up and down with the valve stems. We R&R’d the injectors with new O rings and new brass tips. Scary, knowing the cost of the injectors, when you are pounding the tips on. Lubed the new O rings and brass injector sleeves with vaseline. Everything went pretty smooth but I know it will get tougher as I move back under the cab! 6 is gonna be a bitch, and brother is leaving tonight to go truck’n so I am flying solo. These are the times I wish for a hood truck, like a W9!! Starting on 3 tomorrow, will see how it goes.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , redbeard , Hammerhead , fargonaz , Old Driver
01-17-2018, (Subject: CM2250 valve guide seal progress ) 
RE: CM2250 valve guide seal progress
(01-17-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  So brother and I got cylinders 1 & 2 done today!! Found “smoking guns on cylinder 2 exhaust valves. The seals had came off the stem guides and were moving up and down with the valve stems. We R&R’d the injectors with new O rings and new brass tips. Scary, knowing the cost of the injectors, when you are pounding the tips on. Lubed the new O rings and brass injector sleeves with vaseline. Everything went pretty smooth but I know it will get tougher as I move back under the cab! 6 is gonna be a bitch, and brother is leaving tonight to go truck’n so I am flying solo. These are the times I wish for a hood truck, like a W9!! Starting on 3 tomorrow, will see how it goes.
Good luck keep posted us
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
01-20-2018, (Subject: CM2250 valve guide seal progress ) 
How many miles on your truck ?
How important is this ? .. I have 550xxx ..
And I'm thinking of getting mine done as a preventive maintenance.. or should I wait until they showing signs of oil loss ?
How much is it for a job like this ?
replyreply
What is the part number for new seal kit?
replyreply
(01-20-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  What is the part number for new seal kit?
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2587

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
Thanks
replyreply
JMBT I always enjoy your posts! Pictures always speak a thousand words!

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
JHNDZ, my truck has 648k. I am doing the valve guide seals because they have been leaking awhile and finally got so bad they started to push oil out of the exhaust manifold. I would not bother yours if they aren’t leaking regardless of miles. I don’t know what this would cost at a shop as I am doing it myself all at my brother’s.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
Volvo8873, thanks for the kind words!! I’ll post more pics of the job soon!

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.