gain some mpg cm871
01-23-2018, (Subject: gain some mpg cm871 ) 
gain some mpg cm871
Good afternoon all just thought i would post something i found very interesting and literally increased my MPG by almost 2mpg. .....so on saturday the 20th 2018 i decided to change my delta p hoses on top of the mixer tube .....going from 2/5" tubes down to 2/1.5" tubes in length with proper inside diameter,...... down below you can see what i did and what was done ...... Basically i took the tubes that come off the mixer tube and bent them as close as possible to the delta p lines that sit just below the sensor and aligned them as close as possible and then sleeved them with some good strong rubber hose.... clamped everything nicely and it changed my mpg by almost 2mpg. Through my understanding is that these engines are engineered and tested to run with all its components so why alter the engines natural function without any understanding and then allowing a (parts changer)/mechanic to work on you truck like egr deletes or dpf deletes if you dont want these components on your truck why buy one and then put the faith of your truck in some mechanics hand that probably knows as much as you in terms or understanding since theory is another thing. Ive been offered many times to delete my dpf but i ask why....???? this truck is a mid roof with a 550cm871 usually loaded on a tandem sometimes tris but it always seems to be in the 5.5-7mpg and now with that little tune 6.8-8.8 so if i was super aerodynamic with the proper flairs aboard this truck would run 8s easily all day.....so basically what im trying to say here is read the engine manual thats the bible for the engine .....anything outside what the manufacture requests.......eg( by what the next guy swears by or what the other guy did or his grandfathers father swears by is absolute garbage if your really into your business and your bottom line ...you would study these things and just gain more knowledge....These engines are engineered specifically to operate under specific conditions with the proper fluids and if everything is kept up properly 2.5million -3 million miles is not out of the question so heres the photos i have as well i will put a link up for the people that are into deletes heres the link have a good read cheers.....!!!!!

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Den...Engine.pdf

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201801/post_3205_1516737816_799c0c053d8494a691dc0f3ddf46932d.jpg./uploads/201801/post_3205_1516737975_c02dc378ae4ca12daa528a0121f1eeb1.jpg./uploads/201801/post_3205_1516738018_4bbc1f90f6eb99bcd00fbfb9bda8ff87.jpg./uploads/201801/post_3205_1516738052_d45dbe741b8c319d64764d64e77f3326.jpg./uploads/201801/post_3205_1516738087_cfceeea7d00d183a0777574feb7e1b3f.jpg
replyreply
01-23-2018, (Subject: gain some mpg cm871 ) 
RE: gain some mpg cm871
the 1st 2 photos is what it was ......the 2nd 2 was what i did to the pipes ....and the last 2 is the end product heres the last photo......and let me know if you've try this or your going to because we are all trying to help one another so we can fatten our bottom line have a great day ....!!!!

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201801/post_3205_1516738705_869c533174f7d6689ba2d10c60636046.jpg
replyreply
01-24-2018, (Subject: gain some mpg cm871 ) 
RE: gain some mpg cm871
(01-23-2018 )3_milly871 Wrote:  Good afternoon all just thought i would post something i found very interesting and literally increased my MPG by almost 2mpg. .....so on saturday the 20th 2018 i decided to change my delta p hoses on top of the mixer tube .....going from 2/5" tubes down to 2/1.5" tubes in length

If it was like your first picture,... SOMEONE BUTCHERED YOUR ENIGNE! - NO WONDER YOU WERE GETTING SH$ITTY FUEL MILEAGE!. Actually what you did was FIX IT back to the way it should be. - Here is what it should have looked like from the factory. It is no different than your "end result" post.

./uploads/201801/post_2_1516819694_90874a2768db98ebf498a7f131fa4fcc.jpg
Mine came from the factory like this. It looks just like every other CM871 I have seen.

If you gained 2 mpg, it is simply because you fixed it properly after someone must have butchered the hell out of it!.

(01-23-2018 )3_milly871 Wrote:  ...
.....anything outside what the manufacture requests.......eg( by what the next guy swears by or what the other guy did or his grandfathers father swears by is absolute garbage if your really into your business and your bottom line ...you would study these things and just gain more knowledge....These engines are engineered specifically to operate under specific conditions with the proper fluids and if everything is kept up properly 2.5million -3 million miles is not out of the question so heres the photos i have as well i will put a link up for the people that are into deletes heres the link have a good read cheers.....!!!!!

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Den...Engine.pdf

I think you need to go back to the drawing board on that one. There are so many things wrong with what you just said, that I am not even about to start in on it.

That document you referenced ...

A). It is out of date and no longer matches todays engines.

B). It is based on older engine designs and is somewhat inaccurate against newer engines. EGR cooler thermal ratings and other combustion improvements now are much more efficient than those in that document.

It IS however a decent overview in a generalized context towards better understanding the effects of EGR. It just needs to be taken as general context and not any sort of final word.

THE PROBLEM HOWEVER -- Is that if all the cotton candy actually worked, no one would be running off to -- Like you said, getting a "delete done" -- BECAUSE IN REALITY -- those systems severely shorten the life of the engine. they cause carbon and soot-packed sensors, packed up piston rings that lead to excess blo-by, pre-mateurely wiped out cams by excess soot in the oil, etc. All while in their so-called "factory knows better than anyone else's" state. - So keep smoking that EGR exhaust fume crack-pipe there,.. Maybe share it with some of the others here on the forum. You know, those guys it has bankrupted and caused excess hardship to -- Just maybe they might see that view of twisted logic you puked out there.

I don't encourage anyone living in a country where that stuff is illegal removing those systems,.. on the other hand,.. I don't blame them for resorting to it either,.. not one bit. The alternative for most is to simply go out of business due to the absolute lack of proper design of those systems BY THE ENGINE MAKERS!.. Or the proper support of them -- BY THE ENGINE MAKERS AND THEIR OEM NETWORK OF IMPROPERLY-TRAINED NITWITS!

===

I have my suspicions that your post(s) are an attempt to troll my forum and obscurely spread mis-information... be warned.

===

If you fixed something that was wrong with your engine, thats great. Sharing it with others on here, that great too,.. But don't play it up to be something it is not. I will see right through it in a hurry. BTW: All that black crud buildup on the manifold and EGR piping points to oil leaking out of the brake harness (almost always a sign of excess crank case pressure buildup). It also looks like soot buildup on everything to me. Make sure your crank case filter is not clogged up, and if the engine is old enough that the filter can't keep up any more, I would suggest the alternate filter that has a hole in it from cummins. You also need to plug the EGR leak that is letting soot get everywhere. ANY sort of egr or exhaust leak under the hood will make the driver sleepy and can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning + PM into lungs over time. Bad indeed.

A prudent D.O.T. officer could possibly shut you down for an exhaust leak under the hood when there is soot buildup all over something.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: iceman , BobsYourUncle

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.