05 isx cm870 chugging and surging baddly
01-28-2018, (Subject: 05 isx cm870 chugging and surging baddly ) 
05 isx cm870 chugging and surging baddly
hey everyone new member here i just bought a used 04 kenworth t800 dump truck it has an 05 isx cm 870 which has started giving trouble when i first got it we serviced it and ran overhead on it but now it is chugging and surging when the motor gets under a good load like going up hill or fully loaded and give throttle around 3/4 to full its trowing fault codes 2182 6418 engine brake actuator driver 1 circuit. since the code i replaced the #1 exhaust brake solenoid but nutthing changed and once you clear the code while driving the secound the jakes engage the code comes right back any help would be great i will try to get a video one what it sounds like   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgUYIlgVtWM
dont know how to post the link
replyreply
RE: 05 isx cm870 chugging and surging baddly
also truck has single 5in stright pipe
replyreply
Didn't have a code on mine but, Jake internal harness was cracked and shorting out causing Jakes to stay slightly engaged, smoking, loss of power. Was bad enough that it was leaking through external connector, down block, and into connecting prong.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
(01-28-2018 )Ragindirt Wrote:  Didn't have a code on mine but, Jake internal harness was cracked and shorting out causing Jakes to stay slightly engaged, smoking, loss of power. Was bad enough that it was leaking through external connector, down block, and into connecting prong.
are you talking about the black wire harness under the valve cover that goes to the solenoid?
replyreply
Yes sir, not saying it is your issue but mine was cracked under valve cover and in grommit to external harness. Every time I slowed down it sounded like Jake was on plus had clatter noise.

Just so happens one trip I disconnected/ sprayed external connector and cleaned side of block. Wife shouted for supper, well after supper, beers and BS I closed hood for the night. Left the next morning got loaded 300 miles away then it occurred to me what I had done; then she went back to acting up again.

It may have had a code but I have yet to get insight ( hopefully on visit south I will), local shop changed an injector and harness while I was off in another truck, so code may have been hidden in file and they did not say!!!

Truck did improve slightly on fuel, plus power.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
(01-28-2018 )Ragindirt Wrote:  Yes sir, not saying it is your issue but mine was cracked under valve cover and in grommit to external harness. Every time I slowed down it sounded like Jake was on plus had clatter noise.

Just so happens one trip I disconnected/ sprayed external connector and cleaned side of block. Wife shouted for supper, well after supper, beers and BS I closed hood for the night. Left the next morning got loaded 300 miles away then it occurred to me what I had done; then she went back to acting up again.

It may have had a code but I have yet to get insight ( hopefully on visit south I will), local shop changed an injector and harness while I was off in another truck, so code may have been hidden in file and they did not say!!!

Truck did improve slightly on fuel, plus power.
ok awesome thanks i will take a look when the rain stops thanks again for the help!
replyreply
01-29-2018, (Subject: 05 isx cm870 chugging and surging baddly ) 
Make sure it does not have a bad or incorrect program in the ECM while your at it too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.