EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
02-19-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(02-19-2018 )gunner Wrote:  Recently purchased a 2010 KW T660 ISX CM871 13sp. was told at purchase full mandate delete. Run apprx. 4000 miles. Turbo leaking into intake. pressure at 40lbs on pull, bit of rough idle. After reading your post I believe I have a bad tune. Any help would be greatly appreaciated as I don't want to spend good money after bad. Just want a good reliable motor.

Well, at least you have the 871. If you have not got an in line reader, one from eBay is fine, Inline 5 or 6 from China is what most of us use here. If you can get that set up, and post the findings here in regards to the programing on that motor of yours that would be a good first step. Or, get it down to Mr Hag in GA.

Haggai Automotive and Diesel
1228 High Falls Rd (630.68 mi)
Griffin, Georgia 30223
(678) 688-8107

One thing too, what did they do? Is your OEM turbo still on there? Did they gut the cans? How about on the intake side, any work done over there on the Venturi? EGR still there, or was it plated? How about the EGR cooler? Did they mess with that? And I am sure you have no idea what CPL file they are running in there so I won't ask. More than likely not the one for your truck.

Get in contact with one of those guys above, hopefully there has not been any long term damage to the motor.

I would also, like right now, get a Pyrometer on that motor to see what the exhaust gas temps are like. We normally place the probe on the exhaust manifold, by the #5 cylinder I believe, it has been awhile. There are photos and I believe a video in the link at the top of the page on proper Pyrometer install.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Waterloo - 02-19-2018
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-30-2019,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 01-05-2020,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-26-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.