EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
01-03-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(01-03-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-03-2020 )mikeyjtrans Wrote:  hi there,
im new to rawze's page but it comes highly recommended all over the place. i do have diesel mechanic background although not certified. most of my experience is pickups and such but still learning my way through the software part of the bigger stuff, i am a fast learner and really want to learn to go about things the proper way and i seen someone post on the forum you might be able to help me out...

the problem...

i have an 07 379 ex that came with a cm870, but it had a previous motor swap that seems a little strange to me.

the engine shows it is a certfied cummins recon serial#60806861 cpl 8519... build date of 8/13/12. Shouldnt this be a "burner motor" not an egr only 870? it has all the hardware making it seem like an 870 and is also using an 870 ecm serial# 3684009 calibration AB10339.18 currently flashed with the updated AB10339.23. the egr has been removed and all its hardware and replaced with block off plates and such. i need a little more go juice then 475 at 1850 the calibration offers and its just seems like whoever did the last flash may have got something wrong it just seems to build alot of heat. 900 on the pyro and has no problem crawling to 1100 under a good pull while stuffing about 30-32 lbs of boost out of the stock vgt turbo, so the silent derate of the 870 with and unplugged egr? doesnt throw any codes for it though. id like to go to a 565 or 600 at 2050.

so using C@ltr!m... which meta file and calibration should i be using where its a cross breed to bump up to desired power and torque? or if its even safe to run that high with CPL it has. i have soaked up as much info as i can find on how to properly do it through C@ltr!m. i know thats a crazy scary program and theres not a whole lot of information out there on how to go through the proper steps so any information would be greatly appreciated. from what i can tell the meta file basically ties it to the hardware of the motor like if its a 870, 2250,2350, etc. and the calibration is more or less the fine tuning of that.

so any direction you may be able to give me on it would be awesome.

cheers,
mikey j

sounds like your in over your head. there are so many ignorant tuning ppl out there that you can't even fend them off with a stick. even worse, is the garbage you see foating around on the auto tuning forums.. they are the worst of them all.

The 870 is a particularly tricky thing to get right... make no mistake about it,.. you are playing with someone's $40,000 engine and livelihood THIS AIN'T NO REDNECK PICK-UP TRUCK WORLD YOUR IN ON HERE ..>--- DO IT RIGHT OR GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO IT RIGHT TO DO IT FOR YOU!!!

this may help.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid44418

no kidding? I was looking for some guidance on what could be causing the high pyro temps if it could be in fact the last calibration that was loaded on it, or if it was a silent derate or where to start. i have tried to PM Unilevers my original post is actually a copy of my message to him just never got a response, and to see if the 870 ecm would even really be compatible with the motor that is in it.... and people forget even if they are the know-all beat all of the trade that they started somewhere too... they weren't born with that knowledge but once they acquire it its like they have no problem belittling people that are trying to learn and we're all just stupid weekenders with a tool box... and the heavy diesel world is the worst for it. I know what I'm dealing with isn't no joke hence why a guy tries to talk to the "experts" instead of just taking a stab at it and see what happens... and since its the truck that I happened to drive and not just one that happened to roll through the shop getting it right is what i intend to do... but everything is national secret no wonder why there are so my problems with people flashing and demandating things is because to get someone that has been down that road to tell you the do's and dont's is like pulling teeth... but the link was helpful and i learned a few things from it. Cheers
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-30-2019,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - mikeyjtrans - 01-03-2020
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 01-05-2020,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-26-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.