EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
01-03-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(01-03-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  All the info is here or given to you through the manufacturer themselves for free (quickserve). If it's not there it's in the help tab in Insite or Cterm. All the help in the world is out there in abundance. Everything but specific ECM tuning is all on here. It's all free. Even specific ECM tuning help is given by the wise ones on here. Rawze was using mumble to help would-be tuners. I don't know if he still offers this. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=53
Hell, there's threads dedicated to comparing compatible calibrations. Usually involves Rawze himself comparing one to the other. And telling you what the differences are. But if you take the time to acquire Cterm and learn to compare them yourself (relatively simple to do) you can see for yourself. All the info is out there. It's all up to the end user to go after and learn. Is it easy to learn and is it a small amount of info. HELL NO. It's an overwhelmingly immense amount of info. It's up to you to do the work.

There is really no secret you can't ask about. You do have to use some discretion and a little bit of mixing words when it comes to legalities and proprietary info. But that's to protect this place. Not because it's a locked down secret. If you found yourself here then you have found the place that will guide you where to look and sometimes how to look.

i agree this place comes very highly recommended. i know there's a ton to learn but everyone has to start somewhere. I just prefer to learn from people that are knowledgeable to do things the right way instead of all over from people that are gonna give bad info/habits. I'm more then willing to learn that's for sure i've been a mechanic my whole life. I'm mostly just dealing with someone else's hack job that just doesn't seem right to me and would like to correct it and make the best of it, or if i'm just chasing my tail on what i'm trying to accomplish. I'm pretty cat savvy but just have not had the time with an ISX or been around anyone that can really teach me anything. That being said have you read my original post? am i way off base? I can tell there is just something not quite right. Seems to run ok, just smokes on a shift, and what not like its turned up but is only set at 475 and feels like a doggy 475 now for sure. With just an updated version of the original calibration that just seems wrong. It ran a hell of a lot better before they "corrected" it and you can see the calibration change in the audit. I don't trust that they're gonna get it right, plus I'd rather just be able to do things myself. Not knowing exactly what was done just makes it feel like way to much of a guessing game. Boost levels are just fine and no signs of a leak in the boots or anything just builds more heat then it should for what it is so i think the last guy botched it, but hell i could be wrong that's why i'm asking. Also i have upgraded the intake to the much larger PukeDits that dropped the EGT about 100 degrees but still builds heat.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-30-2019,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - mikeyjtrans - 01-03-2020
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 01-05-2020,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-26-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.