EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
01-04-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(01-04-2020 )mikeyjtrans Wrote:  ... I too feel like if i was around 40 psi my egt's would be about were they need to be...

for an 870...
at or above 40+ and above psi will severely shorten engine life. For a mid-tier running less than 550-600hp as well, it is absolutely too much. Its only going to suck the fuel, + fight against the unnecessary ADDED A/R ratio of that turbo at those high of settings. The cylinders will run hot, eventually cracking a piston. .Seen it a hundred times on here by people who were hell bent on "more boost", and not knowing any better. -->.. IT AIN'T NO OLDER YELLOW MOTOR!!!, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DESIGN!. -- I have seen it more than a few times, and someone always pays the price for it eventually. . -- 36-38 is the top end it should ever see, and even competition engines making well over 800+ hp on dyno, get there easily and efficiently without any heat issues at all with only ,.. 38~,39 psi at most. - MORE BOOST on the isx is NOT how you make power, nor control egt's etc. with them. It is PROPER ENGINE COMBUSTION! -- otherwise, it will not last long enough to shake a stick at it.

- The boost for a mid-tier engine, 400-500hp range should be about 36-37 or so ... That puts it in the right spot. - much below 35 and the turbo will run hot, have a shortened lifespan, and egt's will be too high, and much above 38~ish, and the composite pistons will run hot, it will consume more fuel than it should, costing the truck owner thousands a year in fuel losses, and eventually cause damage. Making proper combustion is the only way to solve problems corectly, , not adjusting on the boost pressures outside of their proper working ranges. -- and ADDING OR TAKING AWAY BOOST PRESSURE CANNOT FIX IMPROPER COMBUSTION!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-30-2019,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Rawze - 01-04-2020
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 01-05-2020,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-26-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.