EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
01-20-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(01-20-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  I just spoke with the victim on the phone, dealer told him bad turbo, busted V clamp and new Doser... I immediately piped in with, "Let me guess, $6000?", he said how did you know, they are charging me $6300... Hey, I was close, LOL!

He took it in due to not regening properly... Do that, guaranteed a new turbo is going on.

I told him to go get the truck, as it has been sitting for quite awhile. I told him odds are this is why the turbo is slobbering a bit, lot rot. Told him let them install the V clamp and put it back together and go get it. They will get their pound of flesh out of him, but he is not going to be brutally raped, at least I hope.

I also told him to pick up a new iMap sensor and Exhaust Back Pressure sensor, clean out the two metal lines, etc, when he picks up the truck. I told him to wait on the Delta P, to inspect that before buying a new one as he wants to mm. The Doser may be able to be cleaned up, but again very pricey, told him to remove and inspect.

Told him to send photos of the Doser and Turbo after he removes both the intake and exhaust side, look in the CAC too for oil.

Basically, a mini EGR Tuneup, he is ordering the Inline reader today.

He has 500,000 miles on this motor, hopefully it is in good shape and just in need of a little TLC.

I just Registered on QuickServe, got all those numbers you told me to get. The dealer didn't start working on the truck. I told them I would come down and take it off the lot for now. Time for me to do some homework.

Now to reach out to Rawze and/or Unilever.

Thanks!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-30-2019,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 01-05-2020,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - D_Y_F_B_A_E - 01-20-2020
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-26-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.