EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
10-02-2016, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(10-02-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  First of all, anyone who would go through that much effort to "fool" the system should have instead serviced it properly and got it back into working order. It sounds like to me that you went through a lot of effort and solved nothing much at all. Also, if the DOC was clogging with soot that often, you have some SERIOUS problems with excess soot in your engine. DID YOU EVEN BOTHER to investigate WHY? -- Your post tells me you have more issues than the emissions system\, and instead of repairing what is wrong with your EGNINE, you hacked up your DPF because it kept clogging as a result of EGNINE/EGR PROBLEMS!. -- Those systems clog up for a reason!. That reason is that THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE WRONG!.

Who did the delete programming? -- Did they even bother to re-program the turbo for non-egr during the delete? What is its position at idle? etc.etc.etc. -- You may be simply chasing ghosts because of improper programming.

I would recommend contacting forum members 'gearhead', 'Unilevers', and/or 'Mr. Hag' here on the forum to have the programming checked out and fixed before going any further. Otherwise you may be very well be on the road to engine destruction via a bad delete.

Here is more info on bad deletes...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...01#pid5901

WOW, those must be some really good pain meds..
I read his post and thought "OMFG! I can not wait to read Rawze's response to this!"
I've been salivating, waiting for this one...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: naume76 , PuroCumminsPower , Oldad6150

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Hammerhead - 10-02-2016
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-30-2019,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 01-05-2020,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-26-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.