Driveshaft alignment
02-14-2018, (Subject: Driveshaft alignment ) 
RE: Driveshaft alignment
Dhirocz I'm probably wrong in the way I'm reading what you're asking. But if you're checking the angle of the 2nd drive shaft, intermediate shaft, to the rear end. There is going to be an angle in that shaft because that's the whole purpose of the U joint at the carrier bearing. To correct the difference in angle of the rear end suspension moving up and down and the angle between the transmission and the front rear end yoke. So some angle difference is always there.

That's the whole reason they don't use one long drive shaft from the transmission to the rear end. It would put the angle of the shaft at too far of an extreme all the time which would cause the U-joints to burn up from moving to much.

I wouldn't get too crazy about setting them at zero degree of angle. They are rather large and rather long drive shafts. So it would take a hell of a lot of rear end movement up and down to pull them out of the proper angle.

Now the rear drive shaft between the front rear and the rear rear is important to set up correctly both empty and with a load on. Because the travel in the 2 axles suspensions is so great that it can easily be put into extreme angles and burn U joints and bearings up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Sergiu

Messages In This Thread
Driveshaft alignment - dhirocz - 02-13-2018,
RE: Driveshaft alignment - Chamberpains - 02-14-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.