Coolant flow diagram
02-15-2018, (Subject: Coolant flow diagram ) 
Coolant flow diagram
Does anyone have a good picture or diagram of where all the coolant flows through an 871 Isx? Tried googling it with no luck. Just curious how and where it flows through the engine.
replyreply
02-16-2018, (Subject: Coolant flow diagram ) 
RE: Coolant flow diagram
Basic flowpath is into water pump, out of pump into the bottom of the block/oil cooler and up past the cylinders into the head. 70ish% of the water pumps output flows through the EGR cooler into the bottom of the rear portion of the block, then mixing with the portion exiting the oil cooler and up.
When the t-stat is closed the coolant flows down an internal journal back into the water pump. When the t-stat opens this radiator bypass journal gets closed off and coolant flows through the rad.
I have a diagram, but it's on my computer which is put away and I'm in bed on my phone. If no one has posted one I'll try putting it up tomorrow.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Signature620 , ClarkWGriswald
02-16-2018, (Subject: Coolant flow diagram ) 
https://mega.nz/#!AolDWKyR!gacrVK9Kv_zmM...mK-fwwLXhM

Flow diagrams from quick serve
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ClarkWGriswald , scottydogtruck
02-17-2018, (Subject: Coolant flow diagram ) 
That's what I was looking for. Thanks for explanation and diagram!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.