New battery cables...
02-22-2018, (Subject: New battery cables... ) 
New battery cables...
Did a ton of work to the truck. It's been off the road now for two months between a new compressor, rebuilt p/s pump, some new heater hoses, water filter and coolant flush, rebuilt steer axle, etc...also took a month to do some reservist training for the army. Hasn't been running loads since Christmas.

Batteries are 6 months old and I've had it on a trickle charger since it was parked. Come to find out my batteries were dead anyway. So apparently I have a battery draw. Charging so far hasn't helped much, so I might also resistance in one of my battery cables, or a battery that went south.

Tomorrow I'll be resistance checking the cables and I'm deep charging each battery individually, then load testing them. Cables on my truck are original and rather small...KW no longer carries them either. Any idea where I can go and get some larger replacements built if they are part of the problem?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
02-23-2018, (Subject: New battery cables... ) 
RE: New battery cables...
I would check with Napa or fleetpride.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I had to replace every battery cable on my 2008 ProStar, they were all green due to poor OEM assembly. Over 100 feet of the stuff.

I found the replacement cable, 100% copper welding cable 0 and 4 gauge at a Diesel/AG repair shop. I took my old cable in to get the correct lengths and they crimped on the ends for me, as they had the proper crimping tool for that gauge of cable. Solved more than a few issues, actually surprised the truck never caught fire when I discovered how it left the factory. Piss poor quality control at International.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , hhow55 , dhirocz
If you're replacing all the cables anyway...get yourself one of these Tools.
You like to do your own work anyway, and then you can repair, remake, or even add a custom boosting post location to this or any other truck in the future.
Like Waterloo said, you'll need about 100' or so of 0 gauge welding/starter cable.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , dhirocz , Wiseman , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.