2 cylinder fuel pump camshaft
03-02-2018, (Subject: 2 cylinder fuel pump camshaft ) 
2 cylinder fuel pump camshaft
Does anyone have a picture of the camshaft on one of these pumps? I bought a used working takeoff. One of the camshaft lobes has a valley in it. I'm just trying to make sure it's not designed that way. The camshaft doesn't appear to be damaged. I'm just trying to figure out if it's any good or if I should return it. I was going to rebuild it if the camshaft was good. Thanks.
replyreply
03-02-2018, (Subject: 2 cylinder fuel pump camshaft ) 
RE: 2 cylinder fuel pump camshaft
(03-02-2018 )aaronb Wrote:  Does anyone have a picture of the camshaft on one of these pumps? I bought a used working takeoff. One of the camshaft lobes has a valley in it. I'm just trying to make sure it's not designed that way. The camshaft doesn't appear to be damaged. I'm just trying to figure out if it's any good or if I should return it. I was going to rebuild it if the camshaft was good. Thanks.
Refer to cummins quickserve.
./uploads/201803/post_1794_1520021253_7a5a018878ebc36fabf337fe66663ab0.png
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
03-04-2018, (Subject: 2 cylinder fuel pump camshaft ) 
If you post a pic of the camshaft there are more than enough people on here to tell you if it's a pass or a fail.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-14-2018, (Subject: 2 cylinder fuel pump camshaft ) 
Rebuild? I have one also. Where can you get parts? Cummins quickserve shows replacing pump is only option?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.