cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy
03-03-2018, (Subject: cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy ) 
cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy
hello every one
i have 2013 cascadia isx2250. yesterday i was driving normally like every day.suddenly cruise kick in by it self and start increasing my speed without touching it . i try to turn it off it won't it stuck on, i push clutch to deactivated it won't the icon still appear on the dashboard., the only way i can turn it off is to push the brake pedal and turn it off manually but after 10 seconds it kicks back on again and keep increasing speed. i notice also that when the cruise kick in the engine brake is not working i try to turn it on by pressing the switch but it 's not responding at all.
i did also try to turn the power off from the batteries and turn it back on see if it help but no luck still same problem.
i drove like that for 100 miles to make it truck stop. just 2 miles before truck stop exit i succeed to turn it off manually and also the engine brake switch is working normally
any one face this before please help thx alot
replyreply
03-03-2018, (Subject: cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy ) 
RE: cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy
This sounds very similar to a post hongo88 had of a 2012 Cascadia about a month ago. Unfortunately he never updated what he found or what he ultimately he did with the truck.
I haven't figured out how to post links from this site yet. But it's labeled under General discussion, 2012 Freightliner Cascadia help needed. You may want to give it a quick read to see how we approached tackling that problem.

It sounds like you have a cruise control switch sticking or flickering. But I'm only taking a shot in the dark.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: medseg2003
03-07-2018, (Subject: cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy ) 
I was doing some reading and I came across this. I thin this might be your problem, but you need scan tool to check this parameter
"Cruise control turns on automatically Cruise control auto-resume feature is enabled. Turn off the cruise control auto-resume feature" that might be it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains
03-08-2018, (Subject: cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy ) 
Hongo88, where did you find that bit of info at? I can't imagine how or why someone would program Auto resume into cruise control. I don't understand what it would be used for or how it could benefit anything except cause problems. I wouldn't mind looking further into it just so I know what their thought process was behind inventing such a thing.
replyreply
03-15-2018, (Subject: cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy ) 
(03-03-2018 )medseg2003 Wrote:  hello every one
i have 2013 cascadia isx2250. yesterday i was driving normally like every day.suddenly cruise kick in by it self and start increasing my speed without touching it . i try to turn it off it won't it stuck on, i push clutch to deactivated it won't the icon still appear on the dashboard., the only way i can turn it off is to push the brake pedal and turn it off manually but after 10 seconds it kicks back on again and keep increasing speed. i notice also that when the cruise kick in the engine brake is not working i try to turn it on by pressing the switch but it 's not responding at all.
i did also try to turn the power off from the batteries and turn it back on see if it help but no luck still same problem.
i drove like that for 100 miles to make it truck stop. just 2 miles before truck stop exit i succeed to turn it off manually and also the engine brake switch is working normally
any one face this before please help thx alot

medseg2003, I'm not sure how the Cascadia works with a Cummins but I recently had an issue sounding eerily similar. Cruise control was turned on, by me, but didn't work. Nor did the Jakes. My issue turned out to be the clutch switch. About a $100 job at Freightliner, or if you can fit your hand up inside that area the part is $63.00. My wrist is bad these days from beating Cryo fittings on and off three or four times per day for the past 20 years so I had Petro in Dodge City do mine. If you do go to the dealer remember they love those "diagnostic" charges.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , medseg2003
03-17-2018, (Subject: cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy ) 
(03-08-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Hongo88, where did you find that bit of info at? I can't imagine how or why someone would program Auto resume into cruise control. I don't understand what it would be used for or how it could benefit anything except cause problems. I wouldn't mind looking further into it just so I know what their thought process was behind inventing such a thing.

If you have the OnGuard predictive cruise control death trap, that could be the reason.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
03-18-2018, (Subject: cruise on and engine brake off driving me crazy ) 
(03-08-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Hongo88, where did you find that bit of info at? I can't imagine how or why someone would program Auto resume into cruise control. I don't understand what it would be used for or how it could benefit anything except cause problems. I wouldn't mind looking further into it just so I know what their thought process was behind inventing such a thing.

I found it at quickserve, under the symphtom tab. There a lot of useful info there.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.