Blown EGR cooler on a Mercedes MBE 4000 engine?
03-12-2018, (Subject: Blown EGR cooler on a Mercedes MBE 4000 engine? ) 
RE: Blown EGR cooler on a Mercedes MBE 4000 engine?
(03-11-2018 )ichudov Wrote:  ...
I looked at the oil and it does NOT look milky.

I am not saying or suggesting you have a head gasket issue, I am referring to your statement only here...

I don't know why so many people think that if they get coolant in their oil, it is supposed to look "milky", or that they are supposed to be able to see it. - Maybe if it is really severe?.

Anyways, I have seen engine with so much coolant in the oil that when you poke a hole in the bottom of the oil filter, water comes pouring out before the oil does,..yet you pull the dipstick and it looks perfectly fine. I.E.> there is no way in hell to determine what is mixed with your oil by looking at the dip-stick or by visual inspection of any kind unless it is so bad, it has already caused severe damage.

===

Fix the external leaks and replace the EGR cooler + bushings if necessary. FIX It THE RIGHT WAY! - Then do what others are suggesting ... Pressure test the coolant system with the pan off if you suspect more problems and ensure there is no coolant seepage into the engine. It is not rocket science,.. and there are no shortcuts if you want to do things right. - Otherwise, there is no point in screwing around with half-arssed repair methods. You will only end up with a half-arssed result.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ichudov , seldomseen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blown EGR cooler on a Mercedes MBE 4000 engine? - Rawze - 03-12-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.