Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?...
01-24-2020, (Subject: Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?... ) 
RE: Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?...
I was a company driver for 20 years and sad to say I didn't care about fuel mileage then but I have been a owner operator for only 8 months. I found this site very early and wanted to save fuel. I run dedicated and light loads. I started out with 6.5 to 7 mpg going 70 mph and thought that Was good. I started reading on here and now I start up slow watch my boost drive 60 mph and now I am getting 8 to 8.5 mpg most of the time. That is right around $200 a week more in my pocket. Thanks to you guys posting on here how to drive better.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
200 x 50 week work year = $10,000 bonus in fuel savings. There are also thousands of hard to calculate savings in wear and tear on the truck that is not happening. Down time not spent in a shop. It's a real huge pay raise just to loose a few minutes an hour on travel time.

Less stress of trying to pass traffic and fight your way around everyone all day is more than enough to justify slowing down. But the $$ in the pocket is just more incentive.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , LargeCar , Waterloo , Toolguy
Less stress is a big one. At 70 your are constantly slowing down changing lanes speeding up changing lanes. A lot more stress. At 60 you hardly ever have to change a lane.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(01-24-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  Less stress is a big one. At 70 your are constantly slowing down changing lanes speeding up changing lanes. A lot more stress. At 60 you hardly ever have to change a lane.

Long story short I was running 48 mph with the cruise set. You’re right it was relaxing plenty of following distance. Was kind nerve racking watching vehicles swerve around me from the rear. Easier on the truck no worries about speed limits/ tickets. Kind of boring but I always like boring it means everything is working the way it’s supposed to work.
replyreply
01-25-2020, (Subject: Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?... ) 
(01-24-2020 )farmer70 Wrote:  
(01-24-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  Less stress is a big one. At 70 your are constantly slowing down changing lanes speeding up changing lanes. A lot more stress. At 60 you hardly ever have to change a lane.

... with the cruise set.

cruise is your enemy ... a decent driver can beat the hell out of that cruise in fuel savings if they simply drive by limiting their their boost gauge to 15 psi or less instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
05-12-2020, (Subject: Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?... ) 
Hi All,

I have an isx15 2350 engine. I'm not sure what's going on with the acceleration from 9th to 10th gear. 9th gear won't climb past 1500 rpm and change to 10th gear it falls back to 110p - 1200 rpm and lugs the shi#t out of the engine before getting back over 1450 rpm. I have Cummins insite is there a vid or does someone know how to change the parameters so 9th can climb over 1500 rpm before shutting off, and accelerate quicker in 10th with less speed? 10th gear is only 1500 at 70-75 mph and and 13 at 65. I'd like to be at 65 max speed but 1500 rpm. Hope this makes sense and any help would be most obliged.

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
replyreply
use insite to remove the gear-down protection.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-12-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  use insite to remove the gear-down protection.
How do you know if ur truck has gear down protection if you don't have insite?
replyreply
Disable the ecm value field?

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.