T660 Coolant Light on
03-14-2018, (Subject: T660 Coolant Light on ) 
T660 Coolant Light on
Check engine light and coolant level light with audible alarm are alerting. Coolant level is full. 2015 Cummins T660. Can the sensor be bypassed? Any suggestions?
replyreply
RE: T660 Coolant Light on
I am an advocate of fixing the problem correctly instead.

When is the last time the coolant was flushed and replaced? What kind of coolant? How old is sensor?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-14-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  I am an advocate of fixing the problem correctly instead.

When is the last time the coolant was flushed and replaced? What kind of coolant? How old is sensor?

360,000 on odometer. 10,000 miles ago the cooling system was flushed and pressure tested overnight at the Cummins shop and refilled with red coolant. Not sure if sensor has ever been replaced. I agree on fixing it correct but would like to wait till I get home to repair it. The beeping alarm is driving me nuts.
replyreply
If sensor does not fix it you will hve to replace the tank.There is a built in float that gets stuck and if it is stuck on bottom it will read low.Been there an done it twice .Once at kw and at mr haggs when did the inframe.Both times I had drained the coolant.So might just be sensor

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
i did not read that you had it flushed.Kw told me that the red coolant dried when they did egr cooler and that caused it to stick.At mr haggs it was empty for 3 weeks for inframe and same thing hppened

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
To test the sensor, pull it down and out the tank and get a magnetic pickup tool. Slowly go from the base to the tip and hold it there or tape it. See if the fault code goes away, it could take a couple mins for the signal to relay through the CECU to the cluster.
replyreply
03-15-2018, (Subject: T660 Coolant Light on ) 
Thank you guys. When I get home I’m going to fix it. I unplugged it and the low coolant light went off and engine light with a wrench in it went off. A different engine light came on but at least it isn’t bonging every second.
replyreply
03-26-2018, (Subject: T660 Coolant Light on ) 
What type of coolant tank do you have ? I got a metal one, flashed it with soap and water, tried to find any floating ring but there wasn't any (2010 pete 387). My local dealer second that this model carry just a sensor. So instead I found the 2 pin weather pack that goes into coolant level sensor may be bad inside. I'll let you know if problem goes away when I'll change it
replyreply
03-31-2018, (Subject: T660 Coolant Light on ) 
When my coolant light did the same thing it turned out that the wiring from the sensor was bad. and i just replaced it and it worked after that.. but this was on a w900. but a 600 might be wired the same.

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.