Fuel Mileage Bonus Round
06-03-2021, (Subject: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round ) 
RE: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round
Morning everyone, first time poster long time reader. I read a forum about hypermiling a cm871, and decided to apply some of the technique to a flashed 550hp cat 6nz in a kw w900l pulling a cattle trailer. By downshifting to 12th and running 59mph, keeping the boost under 10lbs while also shifting higher in the rpm 17-1850 instead of 12-1450 like usual. Immediately the engine was quieter and was rewarded with 6.90 mpg.....previous fill this week was 5.81 and last works were 5.2, and 5.4. I know this ol girl will never make 10 but thanks to all of you, my little business just got a(n) 9,400 dollar a year raise just in fuel. Thank you
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hookliftpete , superbudy208 , Waterloo
Wow, that is impressive. At 85-90k I would be at 10psi to 40mph... Assuming from your handle that you are in a W900L? I am impressed with your 5.2 and 5.4 if you are running the lanes we do. I can get the 5.2 by really easing around about 60 to 62 under perfect conditions. 50* and still outside no traffic and a load of good healthy calves the buyer has already pencil shrunk. That would be going from south Mo. to north Ia or SD. and back empty. The stars don't get in alignment like that very often for me. W9's -one is a 3406C mech 3zj, the other is ISX550 1850 cm2350 demandated. Both 18spd , 3.70, 11r24.5 flat tops. Same consumption.
replyreply
Can I just say this and I mean this in no disrespectful way at all.

As a car hauler who is tickled to death to get 5.0...y'all SUCK! HAHAHA
replyreply
(06-03-2021 )kozakvod Wrote:  Can I just say this and I mean this in no disrespectful way at all.

I know car haulers who get 7's all day long. To be fair about it though, they also haul 1 less car on the rack.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(06-03-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-03-2021 )kozakvod Wrote:  Can I just say this and I mean this in no disrespectful way at all.

I know car haulers who get 7's all day long. To be fair about it though, they also haul 1 less car on the rack.

I know some too, but most generally don't have a flat nose 388 Pete with a 5500# Tahoe back on overhead pushing more air and then another 6 or 7 truck and suv mix on the trailer going uphill out of Texas into Colorado. Going west/northwest toward Amarillo with a daily south/southwest prevailing wind at 20 MPH just to make it more fun!

But I love what I do! Couldn't imagine doing anything else.
replyreply
I know exactly the wind you speak of sir. Running west to west Ks or east Co loaded and back east to Mo empty 4.6 is a good day if that makes you feel any better.
replyreply
I run from sw nebraska to nw Iowa so the wind is usually in my favor atleast 1 of the directions, and im only loaded 1 way but as the KS drivers know the straight north south winds don't help anybody
replyreply
06-04-2021, (Subject: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round ) 
For those who have those square nose antique road show trucks, they will find no sympathy on here if they are complaining they have crappy fuel mileage.

I will never be a fan of those square nose fuel pigs. Personally, I think the EPA should outright ban them from the roads except under rare exception.

All someone is doing is making these guys richer...
./uploads/202106/post_2_1622787592_34e21b9afab72edfd1aa895b1e18fd93.jpg

This opinion is mostly because I can't stand big-oil taking all of our profits ... They are already rich. They don't need my money so they can make more man-made islands and fund their war-machines needlessly. This is also why I am a hyper-miler too I suppose.

Fuel is our #1 expense by a long shot and I see no way that anyone can justify purposefully raising that cost. This especially if they are new to trucking. Most buy those type of trucks simply because their friends have those things and then wonder why they go out of business with only 5 or 6 mpg and all their mega-carrier competitors are getting 7+ and 8+ averages these days, cutting the throats of those who like to go fast and waste extra fuel on big chrome stacks and front ends. There is no justifying it any more in our washed out industry of high competitiveness. No amount of re-sale value is going to make up for 5 or 6 years of running one of those trucks and blowing an extra $30k out the stacks while hauling regular flat-bed, reefer, or dry-van (I.E. low-rent) freight.

I know there are those who disagree, and i have nothing against that... I just do not like it being promoted, and will always talk against it here on the forum publicly. this is so that those people who are new to trucking will get an understanding that stepping into owning one of those type of trucks nowadays could very well be the difference in making an extra profit of $25-$40k per year, or going broke in a couple years time because they just can't seem to get ahead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-04-2021, (Subject: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round ) 
Speaking of pigs rawze that's what haul. I will never look for sympathy for a decision I made. Also loved antique road show as a kid. I originally bought a 04 379 with a cm870 because the guys I run with all fld 120s with condo sleepers said yep we get 5.7 average. I figured with @mm tune I could do way better from the stuff I read on here and watching egr tune up on YouTube, but I couldn't get my head around the fact a guy with a wealth of knowledge was willing to freely give that knowledge to anyone who sought the knowledge. So instead I sat by the way side and single handedly destroyed that engine by lugging everywhere. Sold her because I thought a 7-5 job would be better lol it was terrible only lasted 5 months. Bought this ol girl, and have been anywhere from 5 to 5.98 and was pleased. But today I'm excited to see what I can pull from her today if 6.9 is possible 7+ is also possible. Your quick response and everyone else's responses broke down a fake wall of lies I manufactured that said this is nice to read and watch but nobody will actually reply to me, with 1 blow. An aero is in my future with a cm871, I thank each one of you for everything.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.