Carrier bearing
03-16-2018, (Subject: Carrier bearing ) 
Carrier bearing
Had the drive shaft rebuilt and replace the carrier bearing by a shop its 2014 cascadia, soon as I left the shop around 30 miles destroyed the carier bearing, I went under it was alighned way off, brought it back to the shop they replacied it agAin, how do I check it if alighned properly, whats the procedure when I get there, thanks in advance
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bossboy2
03-16-2018, (Subject: Carrier bearing ) 
RE: Carrier bearing
I had a helper hold a piece of string on the side of the yoke on the trans, and ran it all the way to the same spot on the front drive axle. Mine was quite a bit off and I had to slot to holes to make mine right.

Runs alot smoother now.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking , bossboy2 , Rawze , Brock , overshot
03-17-2018, (Subject: Carrier bearing ) 
RE: Carrier bearing
There is a crush washer at the front diff, sits behind the yoke that needs to be replaced when messing with the drive line. This is on my Meritor rear end on my ProStar. On mine, it leaves the yoke wobbly if not replaced, it took out a brand new carrier bearing after rebuilding as yours did. I had no clue about this hidden one time use washer. Maybe something to check? FleetPride sells them cheaper than the dealers.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , sbtrucking , bossboy2 , overshot

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.