Gear Oil and Sampling
03-21-2018, (Subject: Gear Oil and Sampling ) 
Gear Oil and Sampling
When gathering an oil sample after installing the gear lube, we normally declare the brand of oil we're using. Should we also stipulate that we've mixed in a gallon of the gear lube?

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
03-21-2018, (Subject: Gear Oil and Sampling ) 
RE: Gear Oil and Sampling
I never tell them. They wouldn't know what to do anyhow

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
05-13-2018, (Subject: Gear Oil and Sampling ) 
(03-21-2018 )bossboy2 Wrote:  When gathering an oil sample after installing the gear lube, we normally declare the brand of oil we're using. Should we also stipulate that we've mixed in a gallon of the gear lube?

did u ever send off that oil sample? if so.. can u provide the location and cost to do that?
replyreply
Speedco does them as you wait, good baseline. Also Petro and TA, but they send theirs out and may take a few weeks for results. Just google oil sample, quite a few outfits will pop up. If you want to know now, Speedco is the place to go.
replyreply
(05-13-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Speedco does them as you wait, good baseline. Also Petro and TA, but they send theirs out and may take a few weeks for results. Just google oil sample, quite a few outfits will pop up. If you want to know now, Speedco is the place to go.

thanks
replyreply
05-15-2018, (Subject: Gear Oil and Sampling ) 
I have used Blackstone, call them up and they'll send you a sample kit, typically takes a couple weeks to get the report after you send it in.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-30-2020, (Subject: Gear Oil and Sampling ) 
Ive used 2 places ( Polaris by Cummins) & (Caterpillar) Polaris is much faster and their reports are easier to read. Also one you establish a record you can see all your samples on one page.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys
ive used blackstone labs a few times they are usualy pretty quick before you have a baseline on your vehicle they will typically put any warning for high contents of certain materials and give you the explanation of what that item pertains to weather it be bearings water or coolant intrusion.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
I never noted anything about the gear oil, but by comments on mine, they just referred to "my additive pack". So while they probably can't tell exactly what it is, they know it's not straight T4. I use Horizon/Oil Analyzers.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.