Gear Oil and Sampling
03-30-2020, (Subject: Gear Oil and Sampling ) 
RE: Gear Oil and Sampling
What are the prices for these oil samples?
replyreply
03-30-2020, (Subject: Gear Oil and Sampling ) 
(03-30-2020 )david24 Wrote:  What are the prices for these oil samples?

I just purcahsed 3 at Cummins Normal , Illinois for $ 13.00 bucks a pc. plus tax of course. CIT sells the Caterpillar sample kits for $ 16 i believe. I prefer sample kit from Cummins ( Polaris) the turn around time is faster and they are easier to read.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24
03-31-2020, (Subject: Gear Oil and Sampling ) 
I pay about $35 for the test kit AND prepaid UPS shipping sold by OPS (Oil Purification Systems) and processed by Horizon Labs. Did some searching and it seems the Oil Analyzers kit is sold by Amsoil and processed by Horizon Labs. They charge $34 for the same UPS prepaid kit. I have no experience with other labs, so I can't say how they compare, but I am satisfied with their service. From the time UPS accepts the package to the time I receive the results, via email and through their website or mobile app, is usually about 1 week. Though I did have UPS loose 2 of my samples for almost a month before finally getting them to the lab.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Yeah Polaris is about 1 week TOPS.
replyreply
I have used Blackstone Labs. $28 for sample kit with shipping included. They go thru the postal service. Figure week to week and a half to get results.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
04-01-2020, (Subject: Gear Oil and Sampling ) 
Black stone with TBN test for me 38$ till I found my preferred pm interval then once every quarter. Good guys very knowledgeable and detailed reports returned.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.