2013 kw t660 help please
03-26-2018, (Subject: 2013 kw t660 help please ) 
2013 kw t660 help please
hey guys i am having an issue i seem to not be able to find with my left rear tail light.

the left turn, brake, and flashers all work fine.

but i am having a dim running lamp issue.

I thought it was a connector or ground issue, but I haven;t found issue yet given no wiring diagram, fuses and relays are working.

help is needed

thanks,

nathan
replyreply
RE: 2013 kw t660 help please
If I'm reading that correctly, you're having a problem with your left rear tail light/parking light being dim. Correct?
If all your other lights are coming on correctly including the right tail light, then I would physically trace the wire from the tail light to its next connector. Check your voltage there. It should be 12 volts. If you have 12 volts there then there is a broken wire from that point back to the tail light. You will have to physically trace it out by probably cutting the harness loose and visually checking for rubbed, bulged or exposed pieces of wire.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rawze , Waterloo , gatow900
It should be connector somewhere on the frame where tail lights harness connected to main frame harness. Usually between drive axles. Unplug it and check voltage and ground for every light is it good from cab. If voltage and ground is good the problem is in rear wire harness. Very common. If not start searching for wire diagram.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
03-27-2018, (Subject: 2013 kw t660 help please ) 
Like Snail said, I would start at that rear harness. I found mine was damaged, somehow weather got in there, read salt, and ruined the plug. I bought a set of Weather Pack connectors, replaced connection, problem solved. I had to pull the old connector apart to find the damage.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz
I just had to rewire my lights for the same reason. Butt connectors and wire nuts everywhere. No thanks.

New weather pack connectors, solder, linesman's knots and adhesive heat shrink wrapped in wire loom and she's as good as new!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
dhirocz I'd have to go kick someone. Wire nuts? On a truck? What form of sp'ed leaves that on as a repair longer than a day or 2? Might as well have twisted them together and sealed it with chewing gum.
replyreply
(03-27-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  dhirocz I'd have to go kick someone. Wire nuts? On a truck? What form of sp'ed leaves that on as a repair longer than a day or 2? Might as well have twisted them together and sealed it with chewing gum.

Had them on my truck too, one of the first things I removed and repaired, properly. You would be amazed at what you can find under two hundred yards of electrical tape. Thank God there was only two, at the rear end of the tractor hidden in the frame rail. Looks like a shop did it by the looks of the material that was used to seal the wire nuts. I don't trust anyone anymore. :dodgy:
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Oh no! Tell me this isn't a Canadian thing. You far northy's are just to hung up on that Red Greene show. You do know that's a comedy, right? He's not actually comparable to Bob Villa.
replyreply
(03-27-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Oh no! Tell me this isn't a Canadian thing. You far northy's are just to hung up on that Red Greene show. You do know that's a comedy, right? He's not actually comparable to Bob Villa.

Well, I did buy the truck up near Vancouver, on the US side... :s
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.