Riding With the KING! Going to see Rawze!
04-02-2018, (Subject: Riding With the KING! Going to see Rawze! ) 
Riding With the KING! Going to see Rawze!
A little musical interlude... If you so choose. ;-)

Riding With the King...

Well, the $38,000 in frame was a dud! Heading to GA tomorrow to see the KING! Rawze graciously extended a helping hand to help me out of my latest "issue" with my little money pit. We have head or liner issues, we will see when I get there and we (me) start to tear into into her.

I am sick, went to the bank today, moved some monies around. Rawze is thinking in frame, thank GOD I have the cash. Rawze is figuring $10,000 min, we shall see when we get in there. This is not a poor man's sport, that is for sure. Take heed when having these motors overhauled, I am learning the hard way, as many before have too. It is criminal what is going on in this industry.

I was talking to my buddy Ed the other day, I have been doing more wrenching this year than I have been driving earning a living. Just did the taxes too, owe them monies now with the divorce... The hits just keep coming. I need one of those Hammerhead vacations. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
RE: Riding With the KING! Going to see Rawze!
I'll be right behind you. I'm catching up on a couple more bills, then it's wrench time.

It'll feel good to drive away, know it's right, and also it'll feel good to take pride in knowing you did it. Look at it as a source of empowerment, one more lesson that helps keep you away from the shops.

Too many people look at it as 'work' or 'someone else's job'. I've got a basket case too, and hell, I'm sitting in MD at a loves next to the tire store...and I have greasy hands because I fixed it myself. f$%k em. Eventually it'll all be caught up and you won't have anything major to worry about for awhile.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(04-02-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  A little musical interlude... If you so choose. ;-)

Riding With the King...

Well, the $38,000 in frame was a dud! Heading to GA tomorrow to see the KING! Rawze graciously extended a helping hand to help me out of my latest "issue" with my little money pit. We have head or liner issues, we will see when I get there and we (me) start to tear into into her.

I am sick, went to the bank today, moved some monies around. Rawze is thinking in frame, thank GOD I have the cash. Rawze is figuring $10,000 min, we shall see when we get in there. This is not a poor man's sport, that is for sure. Take heed when having these motors overhauled, I am learning the hard way, as many before have too. It is criminal what is going on in this industry.

I was talking to my buddy Ed the other day, I have been doing more wrenching this year than I have been driving earning a living. Just did the taxes too, owe them monies now with the divorce... The hits just keep coming. I need one of those Hammerhead vacations. ;-)

Wow, sorry to hear that. Textbook example of "when it rains, it pours". I went through something similar with a truck. Not fun at all. Sounds like you are in great hands in regards to your truck. As for the other stuff, when you're in business, sometimes you have to deal with the other stuff later. Sounds like you need to put the truck first in this case.
Once you get through this, it will fade into the past as a minor setback.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(04-02-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  A little musical interlude... If you so choose. ;-)

Riding With the King...

38k didn't get you an extended warranty!!
Sorry to hear that,hope you get truck running Great.
replyreply
04-03-2018, (Subject: Riding With the KING! Going to see Rawze! ) 
(04-02-2018 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  

Riding With the King...

38k didn't get you an extended warranty!!
Sorry to hear that,hope you get truck running Great.

It had a warranty, but it ended. And quite honestly, I would not trust these guys to repair what should have been done right in the first place. They do want to know what we find, sounds like they know something they are not telling me. I think there are others.

On edit: I misspoke, the warranty was for one year parts and labor, two years on some items. The final date is April 5th, 2018 for the 2 years. But, we shall still pursue relief on parts if we find anything.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Brock
You said the warranty was out on your engine by a couple days. If they used genuine Cummins parts, can you get the shop that did your rebuild to maybe sneak the failed parts in under Cummins Parts warranty? Maybe they'll make a report or work order up that shows the failure occurred before the warranty was up. Some shops are willing to do this to help a guy out. If they used genuine Cummins every part they had has a serial number and should be recorded. I know mine has a two year Parts warranty and can be pulled apart and sent in for coverage by using the purchase receipt as date of installation.
You'll be out the labor you're putting in it and time down. But maybe you can mitigate some of your costs by having Parts covered. I would think it was only decent of the shop that charged you $38k to help you out a little bit. And it won't cost them more than just making up a work order to show time of failure within warranty.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Pd6cas2
(04-03-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You said the warranty was out on your engine by a couple days. If they used genuine Cummins parts, can you get the shop that did your rebuild to maybe sneak the failed parts in under Cummins Parts warranty? Maybe they'll make a report or work order up that shows the failure occurred before the warranty was up. Some shops are willing to do this to help a guy out. If they used genuine Cummins every part they had has a serial number and should be recorded. I know mine has a two year Parts warranty and can be pulled apart and sent in for coverage by using the purchase receipt as date of installation.
You'll be out the labor you're putting in it and time down. But maybe you can mitigate some of your costs by having Parts covered. I would think it was only decent of the shop that charged you $38k to help you out a little bit. And it won't cost them more than just making up a work order to show time of failure within warranty.

I agree, I am waiting until we get this apart to see what we are facing, I have until April 5th. My hope is that they can and will help. But, that old mandate came up, and we know how that goes, but I think there still may be some hope for some assistance. I'm still on good terms with the dealership management, and told him I will keep them in the loop as to what we find. From my conversation with the manager, I think they know that something in their procedures is not quite right. I did not want to make a scene, as none of us know what actually failed, but my gut is thinking liner. When I asked about that, it was the old whatever the book says. I have a feeling we are going to either find the liners all over the map or all even, but not at the correct height.

I am just hoping for the best right now. And just to note, the $38,000 was for much more than just the in frame. Many items were replaced that are rarely on an in frame to do list, along with going through the transmission and new clutch. We shall see how they did.

Finger's crossed.
replyreply
(04-03-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...
I have until April 5th. My hope is that they can and will help.

Today is the 3rd. At a minimum, you will not likely know what went wrong with for at least a few days after that. Maybe they will work with you?. Time will tell.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
If you're only working with two days. You may want to swing off at a shop have them test and confirm combustion gases in the coolant that way you could use the work order as a confirmation date of failure that is before your warranty date ending. I would think that would give you legal grounds to say we knew it failed before the warranty was up we just needed time to pull it apart to see exactly what failed.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.