Finally bringing Prostar home to fix....
05-10-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
RE: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix....
Please do. I notice your interior that you have that montior, computer dash unit. If you still have your truck apart could take a pic of the plugs in the back? I have had my dash apart and notice i have srrval plugs that do not plug into anything, i was hopeful that it might be for that in dash unit.
replyreply
(05-10-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  Please do. I notice your interior that you have that montior, computer dash unit. If you still have your truck apart could take a pic of the plugs in the back? I have had my dash apart and notice i have srrval plugs that do not plug into anything, i was hopeful that it might be for that in dash unit.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(04-20-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  The electrical on these trucks is a F'n NIGHTMARE! Going to be my next project after Rawze and I get this thing back together, grounds and electrical, again. This is a continual problem, especially for us Northern boys.

You got that right. There should be a class action lawsuit against these states that use liquid calcium chloride ice melter. These dumbasses think they have to be down to dry pavement 10 minutes after a blizzard ends so they can do 60 mph to Wal-Mart and back. Meanwhile that shi#t is eating your wiring and the rest of your truck to.We literally spend thousands a year fixing damage done by that stuff. And we wash our trucks a lot but it doesn't matter.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
Just for sh@ts and giggles, I opened my original .cal file backup from when I did @m*m^2 a couple years back and would you look at that..... code 1117 was active!

Guess I shoulda dealt with that long ago.. . Just never bothered me as it didn't do anything just like the junk hvac codes I've always had.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
05-11-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
I get 1117 every time I flash my ecm. I think it's just a normal part of rebooting. I clear it and no issues.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock
I just bought a new reman ECM after talking to Rawze and reading Brock's post from a few weeks ago. These ECM's are an 8 to 10 year lifespan part, then they start to deteriorate from age and temperature. Mine was not acting up to my knowledge, but being 11 years old, still working or not, it is time. Best to replace now and get it out of the way before it becomes a real problem.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Thanks Brock, what all can you do with that unit?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.