Finally bringing Prostar home to fix....
04-23-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
RE: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix....
Every time I think this god forsaken truck is fixed, a day goes by and it starts acting up even worse! 1117 came back as well I have a crap load of body control codes and abs lights and bells and alarms ! I went through the entire Cummins trouble shooting for code 1117, double checked every single ground and power and everything tested fine until this..........

https://youtu.be/TOaX1j80iZo

I remembered Rawze said he had issues with his ignition switch in the past so I wanted to test mine out.... that's just me wiggling the key!

Gonna grab a new one tomorrow, see if I can jump it tonight to make sure the problem goes away buy here's praying this is my issue finally!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle
04-24-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
False alarm again.... Just a loose wire in the back, probably caused by me testing. Something seriously funky is going on with this truck..... When I press my Jake button on my steering wheel, my city horn also beeps. A bit ago my passenger window wouldn't roll up then it did on its own and kept trying to roll up, if I rolled it down, it would go back up.

Here are some codes that I have right now, for some reason there is less than earlier today but none the less......

Truck is idling now, in a few minutes randomly it will stutter and kick off cruise and abs traction lights will come on. When that happens, the failed to receive pgn-1 will flash active for a half second.

Every now and then it will stall and if I try and start it, it'll just keep turning over but not fire. During this time the abs data link comm failure will be active and I cannot start it till it becomes inactive.

I'm just starting to use this diamond logic so I'm sure there's more I can do... Just not sure how yet.

Dash says electrical fault as well.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Did you do this???
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
I've swapped all fuses out yes. I just read the post about the leaking roof also, I have a issue with water getting in and wasn't sure if it was a bad windshield job or what. The truck was parked all winter and when I went to pick it up in spring, I noticed my flooring was all warped and my big cupholder had a huge block of ice in it as well my cluster center display wasn't working as it looked like moisture had gotten in there..... the bottom of it has since started working but not the top part which has the mileage and the gear I'm in....

You can see the right side of the screen has some black on it still.

replyreply
Sounds like lot rot on steroids... This really sucks. And the canbus system, issues could be anywhere in all sorts of places, not to mention in the wiring. This REALLY REALLY SUCKS!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

Tore all apart and still cannot find any breaks or signs of water anywhere besides the damaged odometer screen. Keep in looking. Things saying electrical fault so it obviously knows something ain't working right. Maybe the bcm is hooped but I don't know exactly how to tell without just throwing a part at it.

replyreply
Gonna start with what I know is wrong, the simplest thing..... when I press my jake button, my horn beeps. Pulled plugs off bcm and off steering wheel and did a continuity test between each owns wire then each other and nothing, I then hooked the steering wheel back up and I had continuity in the horn from the jake wiring so I know the switch is bad.

Gonna see if I can disable it in dlb and try the truck out. Sure that won't be my problem but one thing at a time I guess.

replyreply
Check voltages in every wire you can. And ohm out every ground you can while you have it apart. It literally can be any curcuit cross feeding in to another from almost anywhere on the truck. Almost all 12v truck circuits will run on either 12v or 5v. So if all 5v curcuits are showing 4.2v or whatever and you find one that is at 2.1v then that would be a suspect curcuit to run the wiring out on. Same with your 12v curcuits and ohming out the direct grounds. The odd ball out is usually gonna run you into a problem child. I say A problem child cause I always found more than I bargained for. But needed to be fixed none the less.
I also say direct grounds because if your ohming out a ground that goes to a resistor or resistor switch like in the heater controls than the ohms are gonna be anywhere.
I've had many truck apart looking just like yours. Its a hair pulling mess that used to enjoy. But once your that deep physically cutting tape and zip ties and pulling kick panels and wall panel to see wires has yielded good results for me on those week long dismantling projects. I found taking shots in the dark almost always returned nothing and cost more time and money and lead me right back to getting hands on with everything. It can always be found or at very least be isolated and wired around. Sometimes i would also document wire numbers and plug formations i verified good on a piece of papper so when i needed a break or it bled into days, i wouldn't redo stuff i already verified.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Brock
./uploads/201804/post_1367_1524625011_160f6f719aa8ac18ed63c660e48e5d4e.jpg

On the inside of the cab, those 2 posts..... I cleaned them up real good and trucks been running perfect for over a hour now. I don't wanna count my blessings but it's looking promising.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , BobsYourUncle , Rawze , snailexpress , Hammerhead

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.